Kindle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I was young there was a movie called Don't Be Afraid of the Dark with Timothy Hutton's dad (sorry sir, I only know you as Timothy Hutton's dad) and Kim Darby. The movie scared the HECK out of me!!

Now I see they have a remake coming out in a couple weeks...and just seeing the commercial brought back all that fear all over again.

Did anyone see the original with the little monsters saying, "Sally, we're coming to get you, Sally?"

·
Registered
6,664 Posts
Never heard of this film...but I wish I had!  Anyone remember the commercials for the movie MAGIC?  With the ventriloquist dummy?

·
Registered
6,664 Posts
This is the one I remember from when I was a kid. YouTube has everything.

·
Registered
8,822 Posts
balaspa said:
Never heard of this film...but I wish I had! Anyone remember the commercials for the movie MAGIC? With the ventriloquist dummy?
1973 Jim Hutton

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Magic was cool!
Sorry, I never heard of Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark. I did see Wait Until Dark, but that was entirely different.

·
Registered
12,235 Posts
hamerfan said:
I did see Wait Until Dark, but that was entirely different.
Hey, I saw that movie too. It was creepy but only in a suspenseful way. Fortunately, I haven't seen the movie the OP is talking about. Sounds way too scary for me. :eek:

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
balaspa said:
This is the one I remember from when I was a kid. YouTube has everything.

Because of this, the commercial alone, I made my babysitter wait outside the bathroom door.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
NapCat said:
1973 Jim Hutton
Thank you!

It was so long ago, and I know if I watched it now I might laugh at how low-budget it was. The little monsters were really like hand puppets. But as a child, especially when the monsters start dragging her to the cellar....whewwww still gives me chills.

·
Registered
6,664 Posts
I was already terrified of ventriloquist dummies thanks to several Twilight Zone episodes.  Also, there was that Trilogy of Terror with the violent and stabb-y doll.  But Magic pushed me over the edge.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts