Kindle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, just a kind of fun thread.  If you've gotten your new K2, how much time have you spent getting acquainted?  I'll admit, I spent about 2 hours today with the manual in front of me (I like to print it up so I can try stuff as I look at it) trying out all the feature. Then, I spent about 2 hours reading!  (I actually spent all day yesterday working ahead on all my projects just so I could do this today!)

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Well last night I fixed dinner early then told the kids I was going to bed. One of the said, "Mom, it's 5:30." I read from around then until midnight with the normal kid interruptions.

ETA: I read Lord of the Flies so I was going around all day saying "Sucks to your... <whatever pertains>" The 17 yr old made me stop.

Melissa

·
Registered
723 Posts
I studied and played with K2 yesterday for a couple of hours.
Read my novel for almost an hour in bed.

Spent a couple hours reading the manual and playing today and will read a novel again in bed.
I do 95+% of my reading at bed time.

Feel pretty confident I have all the basics down.

But I carried it with me everywhere today once I got the K cover for it.
Even room to room. It is sitting in my lap now sleeping as I type to you.

Later friends I try to shut offline by 7:00pm or so.

Eric

·
Registered
66 Posts
I don't even have it yet but according to this board, I've spent 13 hours reading about it since Sunday evening!!  It'll only get worse once it's in my hands.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ib-I feel your pain-I hope you have it now!  I spent so much time checking Tues for delivery time it wasn't funny!  I had a book club at my house that night, and I wanted to show off my kindle!  BUT, I also had to get ready for 20 people to discuss "The Thirteenth Tale".  Do I check ups, or vacuum? Now I have it I can't put it down!  I've budgeted money next month to buy all my favorite books.  Librarian heaven!!!!!

·
Registered
115 Posts
I've spent a few hours reading for sure.

I'm not the manual type though. So I could go a long time without knowing a common feature.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
lb505 said:
I don't even have it yet but according to this board, I've spent 13 hours reading about it since Sunday evening!! It'll only get worse once it's in my hands.
Yeah no kidding! You are gonna wonder where the time went ;D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts