Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't forget to buy your Kindle a Christmas or Hanukkah present. Remember they are members of the family too.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
There are many fine gift suggestions in the Accessories board.

;D

Betsy
LOL Thanks! I got mine an Oberon cover. Since we share a birthday do I need to get him a birthday present too?

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Bacardi Jim said:
*runs out to buy a Christmas present for the dishwasher*
LMAO! You don't buy one for your car? Most guys I know always seem to buy something for their car around Christmas, the rest buy something for their computer. ;D

When I got my Kindle I never knew it would be this expensive. If it ever develops a taste for liquor I'll go bankrupt.

B

·
0 Posts
Gables Girl said:
LMAO! You don't buy one for your car? Most guys I know always seem to buy something for their car around Christmas, the rest buy something for their computer. ;D

When I got my Kindle I never knew it would be this expensive. If it ever develops a taste for liquor I'll go bankrupt.
1) You gotta start hanging out with a better class of guys.

2) Pouring liquid (and especially alcohol) into a Kindle is a bad idea. And your Kindle will never ask for any.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Bacardi Jim said:

2) Pouring liquid (and especially alcohol) into a Kindle is a bad idea. And your Kindle will never ask for any.
LOL I know I do. But in my job they are either computer geeks or the car lovers.

I don't pour it anything, it just seems to suck up all my available cash.

I

·
0 Posts
Bacardi Jim said:
*runs out to buy a Christmas present for the dishwasher*
My toaster wants a dress. He's a male toaster but he's genderconfused and likes to dress up like a girl on the week ends. He is always making the radio play Lola.

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Bacardi Jim said:

The guys I know in the Ferrari Club buy presents for their cars. And name them, too.

::)

Betsy

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
The guys I know in the Ferrari Club buy presents for their cars. And name them, too.

::)

Betsy
Bingo, Ferrari guys buy presents for their cars, so do the Jag and Lamborghini crowd. Maybe I need to find guys with cheaper cars????

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
My van has a name (BRATBUS) and so does my husband's car. My Kindle (Edgar) and ipod (Mavis) do, but not any other electronice or household appliances.

My grandmother named her dishwasher (Isabelle), stove, oven, ice machine (that was Matilda), and fridge.  Growing up, I thought it was perfectly normal.

Edgar is getting an Oberon for Christmas.

B

·
0 Posts
luvmy4brats said:
My grandmother named her dishwasher (Isabelle), stove, oven, ice machine (that was Matilda), and fridge.
*considers and discards a joke about Alzheimer's*

Never know what might set some people off.

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Bacardi Jim said:
*considers and discards a joke about Alzheimer's*

Never know what might set some people off.
That's okay. I'd probably forget it as soon as I read it. What's your name again?

luvmy4brats said:
My grandmother named her dishwasher (Isabelle), stove, oven, ice machine (that was Matilda), and fridge. Growing up, I thought it was perfectly normal.
My grandmother used to call me the names of all her DiL's before she remembered my name. If she named her appliances, too, I'd be in real trouble.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
I only buy Christmas presents for those dear to my heart.  That means, that while I truly appreciate and enjoy them....  my appliances get no gifts.  MaKK, on the other hand, is TOTALLY dear to my heart - can't imagine life without him!!  So.... new Oberon cover it is.  I don't use the Oberon Kindle covers because I fell in love with two designs that aren't available for a Kindle.... so I buy the large classic journal cover and use it for MaKK.  Right now he is in Mountain Pine and I'm going to order the Daffodil cover for spring/summer.  LOVE those Oberon covers and how they protect MaKK as I take him everywhere with me.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts