Kindle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm John and get my Kindle tomorrow.  I've gotten addicted to reading all the Kindle does and will do.  I appreciate all the postings you veterans make giving us hints on how to better use the Kindle and how to find more books to download.  I'm in Goose Creek, SC, a suburb of Charleston.  My wife, Kit, is actually the more voracious reader, but I plan to use it too when I can pry it from her hands!  We decided on the Kindle because we are going on a long cruise next year, and Kit would have had to take a ton of books which I would have had to carry!!  Much better toting those 10.3 ounces!!  I look forward to using both the Kindle and this forum and to getting to know other Kindlers here.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Welcome, John! Glad to have you here.

My prediction is that when you go on that long cruise next year, you'll be toting two Kindles...all 20.6 ounces of them. Mark my words.

L

·
Super Moderator
67,245 Posts
Agree with Leslie. . . no matter how well you like each other. . .you won't want to share.  Buy two! :)

Ann

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
I am excited for you & Kit, just wait until tomorrow. You will be amazed and I agree with the other girls... you may as well order another one. Once you get your hands on it you will not want to share.  ;)

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Welcome-- I agree with that notion. You will order a second. My Kindle is mine alone. Everyone who knows me knows that; anyone touches my Kindle and it's broken fingers for them. I've made it loud and clear...it is my one selfish purchase and is for me to have some downtime-- me time for me. (I've named it PAQ for Peace and Quiet). We are a bit of a mixed bag here...I being the one who loses my patience...but I don't bite...I just growl. I do have a funny side when I have to reign myself in. Enjoy your Kindle.

If you want to chuckle about the waiting for your kindle cut and paste this link when you get a sec...it nails the anticipation of its arrival to a tee. http://www.amazon.com/New-Kindles-arrive-could-wall/forum/FxBVKST06PWP9B/Tx2V9D8IXS8CPG0/1?_encoding=UTF8&asin=B000FI73MA

1 - 6 of 6 Posts