Kindle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure if this is the power of irony, brilliantly planned obsolescence, or that my K1 is a secret AI.

I got my ship notice for my K2 a couple of days ago, but since I went for free shipping it won't be here for another couple days.

Yesterday when I turned on my K1, I said aloud "Hey, my new Kindle will be here any day now!"

Since then, my K1 has been acting up and can no longer hold a charge for any significant length of time (even after reset and new battery installed.)  So I had to resort to DTBs....

So if you're getting a new Kindle don't tell your old one until it arrives!  8)

·
Registered
417 Posts
You broke K1's heart! You're going to have either let it down gently or assure it that you'll have time for both of them.  :D

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
LOL mwb!!

I have just recently been having battery issues with my K1 and the only thing that is different is I started using an SD card. Would an SD card cause the battery to discharge more quickly??

·
Registered
417 Posts

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I f you put in an SD card and then move a lot of your content to the SD card it will have to re-index and that will take a lot of battery power initially.  It should level off after a day or two depending upon the amount to you moved and the size of the card.

I have a K1 and a K2 and they are getting along just fine.  It's so interesting to see the way they sync what I'm reading so I can move from one to the other.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Gables Girl said:
I have a K1 and a K2 and they are getting along just fine. It's so interesting to see the way they sync what I'm reading so I can move from one to the other.
That also happens if you have two K1s on an account, like my dad and I do. We have to be careful, because whenever we open a book now, it asks if we want to sync to the furthest page read. Obviously, I don't, as that will take one of us to where the other is in the book. LOL

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh, happier notes - I figured out why my battery was draining so fast  on my K1 and now it is fine.

For reasons unknown it was re-indexing all 300 + books I have on it.

I left it plugged in and on for a full day and night and it has been fine since.

But just in case, now that K2 has arrived - I'll have a little talk with K1 about his new sibling.  ;)

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
mwvickers said:
That also happens if you have two K1s on an account, like my dad and I do. We have to be careful, because whenever we open a book now, it asks if we want to sync to the furthest page read. Obviously, I don't, as that will take one of us to where the other is in the book. LOL
Go to the Manage Your Kindle Account page on Amazon and go to the bottom and open the More Information about Synchronizing your Kindle. There it will tell you how to turn off the automatic sync feature. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts