Kindle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just posted a new cover, description, and interior file to one of my KDP titles. Almost immediately after I clicked Publish, I saw the glaring typo in the first line in the description. The first line! I wouldn't buy a book that had that kind of stupid error. We hear it all the time. "If the author isn't any more careful than that how bad is the book?"

Trouble is, now I have to wait the day it takes to get published. KDP doesn't let me get to it until it's been published. Then after I fix it, there's another day's wait while every potential reader in the world sees my typo and dismisses my work out of hand.

I hate it when that happens.

·
Registered
409 Posts
The worst! I'm glad I'm not the only one who has moments like this. Mine always seem to happen on Facebook too. Gah. At least those you can fix right away -- once you realize they're there.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I'm pretty sure you can change your blurb through Author Central, even if your book is "publishing updates."

It goes through without having to be vetted again, and takes a short while to go through (less than half an hour).

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
When I first published book 1, I had a spelling error in the first paragraph. It was sooo embarrassing. I feel for you, Al. It happens :)

2,468 Posts
ML-Larson said:
I'm pretty sure you can change your blurb through Author Central, even if your book is "publishing updates."

It goes through without having to be vetted again, and takes a short while to go through (less than half an hour).
This ^^

·
Registered
262 Posts
Yep, I just tested it with one of mine that's currently in the publishing stage.  The changes via Author Central went through almost immediately.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ML-Larson said:
Yep, I just tested it with one of mine that's currently in the publishing stage. The changes via Author Central went through almost immediately.
Which begs the question: Did Author Central change the description in the active listing, or did it change the one in the pending new publication. If the latter, how could you tell?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Al Stevens said:
Which begs the question: Did Author Central change the description in the active listing, or did it change the one in the pending new publication. If the latter, how could you tell?
It just went full live, and the changes I made through AC are still there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts