Kindle Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all you horror fans out there.
I only write horror and supernatural stories. At the moment I only have three short stories up. I hope things will change in the future. I am open to suggestions as to how my stories might be improved, that doesn't mean by removing them from the site, however:), in the future.
Brief description of my current international best sellers. (Nine out of ten books in the shops have that emblazoned across the cover, so I thought I might as well join them, it don't mean squat.)

Shoes
A short story about a parent's worse nightmares. Children are going missing in a quiet rural village. One woman is determined to discover the fate of her nephew who disappeared while in her care. No vampires and werewolves here. Something far worse is hunting in the sleepy villages of East Norfolk.

Time traveller
Shocking story of what happens when a scientist forgets the small things that matter in a project he becomes a little too deeply engrossed in. A shameless plug.

Gordon's head
A young boy brings back a very unusual holiday souvenir. That's the sort of thing that happens when your father is a leading archaeologist. Children, always do what your parent's tell you, or bad things might happen. Very bad things!

Lucy: Coming soon to a village near you

I am currently working on a fresh tale of terror about young Lucy, a young girl of high intelligence who knows exactly what she wants. It may not be pleasant, but she is a very determined young lady. Just don't ask her about the posters on her bedroom wall. You might just wish you had never asked, especially if you aren't wearing a hat. If you are a hardened horror fan you might like it, otherwise please take yourself to somewhere else, such as the romance section, where you won't find girls like Lucy hanging about. Mind you, you probably wouldn't want Lucy hanging about anywhere near where you live anyway.

·
Premium Member
63,459 Posts
Stephen-

Welcome again to KindleBoards and congratulations on your short stories!

A brief recap of our rules follows:

--We invite you to use your book cover as your avatar and have links to your book and website in your signature. Instructions are posted here

--Please bookmark this thread (using your browser's bookmark/favorite function) so you can update it as we ask that authors have only one thread per book and add to it when there is more information. You may start a separate thread for each book (or you may have one thread per series of books, or one thread for all of your books, it's your choice).

--While you may respond to member posts to your thread at any time, you may only bump your thread (back-to-back posts by you) once every seven days. Once you've responded to a member, that resets the clock to zero and you must wait seven days to post, unless another member posts before then.

--We ask that Amazon reviews not be repeated here as they are easy to find at your book link. Also, full reviews from other sites should not be posted here, but you may post a short blurb and a link to the full review instead.

--Although self-promotion is limited to the Book Bazaar, our most successful authors have found the best way to promote their books is to be as active throughout KindleBoards as time allows. This is your target audience--book lovers with Kindles! Please note that putting link information in the body of your posts constitutes self promotion; please leave your links for your profile signature that will automatically appear on each post. For information on more ways to promote here on KindleBoards, be sure to check out this thread:
Authors: KindleBoards Tips & FAQ.

All this, and more, is included in our Forum Decorum: http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,36.0.html. Be sure to check it from time to time for the current guidelines and rules.

Oh, and one more thing: be sure to check out the index threads at the top of the Book Bazaar. . . .there are details there about how you can be listed so that our readers can find you.

Thanks for being part of KindleBoards! Feel free to send us a PM if you have any questions.

Betsy & Ann
Book Bazaar Moderators

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
greenpen said:
I only write horror and supernatural stories. At the moment I only have three short stories up. I hope things will change in the future. I am open to suggestions as to how my stories might be improved, that doesn't mean by removing them from the site, however:), in the future.
Brief description of my current international best sellers. (Nine out of ten books in the shops have that emblazoned across the cover, so I thought I might as well join them, it don't mean squat.)

Shoes
A short story about a parent's worse nightmares. Children are going missing in a quiet rural village. One woman is determined to discover the fate of her nephew who disappeared while in her care. No vampires and werewolves here. Something far worse is hunting in the sleepy villages of East Norfolk.

Time traveller
Shocking story of what happens when a scientist forgets the small things that matter in a project he becomes a little too deeply engrossed in. A shameless plug.

Gordon's head
A young boy brings back a very unusual holiday souvenir. That's the sort of thing that happens when your father is a leading archaeologist. Children, always do what your parent's tell you, or bad things might happen. Very bad things!

Lucy: Coming soon to a village near you

I am currently working on a fresh tale of terror about young Lucy, a young girl of high intelligence who knows exactly what she wants. It may not be pleasant, but she is a very determined young lady. Just don't ask her about the posters on her bedroom wall. You might just wish you had never asked, especially if you aren't wearing a hat. If you are a hardened horror fan you might like it, otherwise please take yourself to somewhere else, such as the romance section, where you won't find girls like Lucy hanging about. Mind you, you probably wouldn't want Lucy hanging about anywhere near where you live anyway.
My story of Lucy, the very naughty girl is nearly ready to go out. I just need to do a cover now.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Shoes

Time traveller

Gordon's head

The tool
A new tale of terror about young Lucy, a delightful young girl of high intelligence who knows exactly what she wants. It may not be pleasant, but she is a very determined young lady. Just don't ask her about the posters on her bedroom wall. You might just wish you had never asked, especially if you aren't wearing a hat. If you are a hardened horror fan you might like it, otherwise please take yourself to somewhere else, such as the romance section, where you won't find girls like Lucy hanging about. Mind you, you probably wouldn't want Lucy hanging about anywhere near where you live anyway.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
greenpen said:

Shoes

Time traveller

Gordon's head

The tool
A new tale of terror about young Lucy, a delightful young girl of high intelligence who knows exactly what she wants. It may not be pleasant, but she is a very determined young lady. Just don't ask her about the posters on her bedroom wall. You might just wish you had never asked, especially if you aren't wearing a hat. If you are a hardened horror fan you might like it, otherwise please take yourself to somewhere else, such as the romance section, where you won't find girls like Lucy hanging about. Mind you, you probably wouldn't want Lucy hanging about anywhere near where you live anyway.

You can now purchase the anthology if you liked one story, but were hesitant to buy the others. Thanks for reading this.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Shoes

Time traveller

Gordon's head

The tool

You can now purchase the anthology if you liked one story, but were hesitant to buy the others. Thanks for reading this.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Still available at a nice price and in spite of galloping inflation and a new kindle wasting your hard earned dosh. :'(

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I only write horror and supernatural stories. At the moment I  have four short stories up. I hope things will change in the future. I am open to suggestions as to how my stories might be improved, that doesn't mean by removing them from the site, however:), in the future.

Shoes

Time traveller

Gordon's head

The tool

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
greenpen said:
I only write horror and supernatural stories. At the moment I have four short stories up. I hope things will change in the future. I am open to suggestions as to how my stories might be improved, that doesn't mean by removing them from the site, however:), in the future.

Shoes

Time traveller

Gordon's head

The tool

You can now borrow all my titles from the all new, singing and dancing Kindle lending library folks.

http://www.amazon.com/kindleownerslendinglibrary

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Shoes

Time traveller

Gordon's head

The tool
Time traveller

Gordon's head

The tool

[/quote]

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
greenpen said:

Shoes

Time traveller

Gordon's head

The tool
Time traveller

Gordon's head

The tool

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.