Kindle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am on my second day of pure misery.  Yesterday my head ache so bad,could not even go on line.  My cat is scared every time I sneeze,throw up or cough.  He is staying his distance.  I guess he does not want to get sick.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
I hope you're feeling better.  I got my flu shot today.  I remember my husband and I both had the flu and so did both our kids.  Of course, no one wanted to come over and help!  That was a horrible time.  Get well soon.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks,just resting quietly and keeping a little ginger ale down.

·
Registered
8,104 Posts
Hope you're feeling better soon.
This year is the first time ever that I've had a flu shot, back in early November. (We live in the US so we had the safe ones.) I took my daughter for one, too. I've never caught the flu, and I've nursed my hubby who has caught twice in the past, but I was worried with how bad it was supposed to be this year. Also, my daughter is in a larger school where most of the parents won't get their kids shots so I wanted to be careful.

·
Registered
6,664 Posts
I hope you get well soon.  I have heard that the flu shot this season may not be the most effective against this particular strain, but who really knows?  I swear, I hear that story every year.  All I know is that back in the mid-90s I got a flu shot and then got sick a few days later - sicker than I had ever been before.  Since then, I have avoided the flu vaccine.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Get well soon! My gf just tried to come over when she was having flu like symptoms. I love her, but in so many words, I said 'stay the hell away, woman'.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I hope you feel better soon, too. One thing I learned from a flu bout two years ago: Tylenol works better than aspirin to take a fever down. And do all the things your mom told you to do: drink lots of liquids, eat fresh fruit, stay warm... and watch some classic movies.

I drove my almost-blind neighbor to the doctor today and am crossing my fingers that I didn't catch something from sitting in the waiting room.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts