Kindle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased 2 Kindle books about an hour ago but they still haven't downloaded.  I've had no trouble receiving newspaper and other downloads today in the same location.  Is this unusual?  What causes such delays?  Thanks.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Interesting.  I ordered a couple of books last night, and just turned on the kindle to download them but it didn't.  I was in a low service area, so thought maybe I just didn't have enough connection, but maybe they're having server problems.  If so it's the first time I've run into that in the 15 months I've had a kindle.

·
Registered
9,479 Posts
Same thing here - I don't have the greatest WN coverage and it often takes 10-15 minutes even up to half an hour, but I have been waiting for two books since noon.  One of these days I'll read the instructions on how to do the computer download so I don't have to worry about it.

·
Registered
9,479 Posts
mwei said:
Crebel, if by "computer download," you mean purchasing a Kindle book from my computer on the Amazon website, that's what I did.
Thanks, mwei - I almost always buy from the computer because I think it is faster and easier to search that way than from the Kindle directly (again, not great WN coverage), but I mean hooking up the USB cord and finding the documents folder, etc. to transfer them to the Kindle rather than waiting for the WN download.

stray said:
Whispernet is down. Someone on the amazon boards contacted amazon support and was told to try again in a couple of hours.

Stray
Thanks for the update Stray!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.