Kindle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought The Deed of Paksenarrion trilogy by Elizabeth moon. The ebook transferred over well except for the paragraph spacing. After every paragraph there are about two blank lines before the next. It looks like it could get kind of annoying when there is a dialogue and the whole page is about 5 lines. The book is in .prc format. I was wondering if there is some way to fix this so there is no space after paragraphs, or at least decrease the space a little. Maybe some program that allows me to edit the file on my comp?

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
10,391 Posts
I experienced the same thing with the new release of Dune (40th Anniversary Edition). I'm not aware of any way you can change that -- presumably it is in the text mark-up and could only be changed if you can change the stylesheet (or whatever the e-book corollary is to HTML stylesheets). I found after I'd been reading it for awhile that it ceased to be a distraction except in occasional circumstances where it resulted in really odd-looking pages.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
I'm reasonably certain you can change the paragraph spacing in Calibre for the .prc file, though I haven't tried it.  I know in the conversion process, there's a toggle for something along the lines of "remove extra lines" under one of the settings.  Hopefully someone who's done it will chime in. :)

For anything bought directly from Amazon, there is no current way to alter the file without stripping the DRM.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, well, I downloaded the Stanza version that came with the purchase, converted it to Kindle format using Stanza and tried that. The spaces are gone. Some of the formatting (in terms of chapter titles being big and bold and chapters starting on new pages) is lost, but it's minor.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BTW, it seems that the images haven't transferred over. Are there other images in the series besides the map at the beginning, images that are important to the story?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts