Kindle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a new Kindle user and just figured out how to access the Internet via the "Experimental" tab on my home page menu. I want to be able to download various blogs and have them automatically be downloaded when a new blog is written. Is that possible? How do I go about doing that?

·
Super Moderator
67,346 Posts
Moving this to the Tips Tricks & Troubleshooting section where people have posted utilites that will assist with that. . .how and how well they work will depend on the type Kindle you have.  You can also subscribe to quite a few blogs via Amazon and they absolutely do update when there's a new post . . . or, at least, they will when you next turn on wireless.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I did a trial Kindle subscription to a blog I follow - all that downloads is the actual blog post - so if you like to see or make comments, you have to go online to the website.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I hit "post" a bit too quickly.  You can sign up your blogs at kindle4rss.com and then you will need to visit the website to send them periodically.  You can test this to see if it works for you and then switch to the pro version which handles auto-delivery, if that is something you want.  It is less than $2/mo.  I have not switched yet to the pro version, because the blogs I read I simple catch up on weekly or so. I have been happy with the service.

·
Registered
478 Posts
A couple of other options are:
- calibre. you can create your own subscriptions from any RSS feed and have calibre send them to your Kindle on demand or on a scheduled basis (calibre has to be running on your computer)
- G:RSS-Web. Provides a Kindle-friendly web interface to your Google Reader subscriptions

I've used both in the past, but find reading news/blog feeds on my iPod Touch more versatile and much faster.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts