Kindle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I received my new Fire HD only about half of the books in my account were in the cloud. (All of them are on my Kindle). How do I get them on my fire? And, do I have to download them one at a time to my device from the cloud? This takes forever when you have hundreds of books-  Thx

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Oregon Sal said:
When I received my new Fire HD only about half of the books in my account were in the cloud. (All of them are on my Kindle). How do I get them on my fire? And, do I have to download them one at a time to my device from the cloud? This takes forever when you have hundreds of books- Thx
I'm just transferring them from cloud to device as I want to read them.

·
Premium Member
63,459 Posts
All of your books should have been visible in the cloud....if they are not, make sure you are connected and do a sync (swipe down, tap on "sync.")  If that doesn't work, there may be a tip in the Fire Tips sticky that will help; I'll look for it.

You have to transfer books one at a time.  I recommend that you don't try to put them all on your device.  If you want to backup your books in case of the Apocalypse, the best thing to do is get Kindle for PC or Kindle for Mac and download them there.  Kindle for PC will allow you to create collections.

I usually have at least 30 or so books on my Kindle across genres so that I have a nice assortment to choose from.

However, if you do want to put them all on your Fire HD, I recommend you download 30-50 at a time in the evening and let the Fire download them and index them overnight.  Leave the Fire plugged in.

Betsy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts