Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
5,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished watching the DA Christmas day episode. The story takes up a year on from the last series and has set up a few good storylines for next season, not least with bit of a shock ending. Not giving any spoilers, but if you're a fan, don't miss it whenever it airs in your part of the world!

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Since you, Linjeakel, are in the UK, I think this is something that has not aired yet in the States, since we are still waiting for season 3 to air, which starts here on Jan 6th. So it may not be shown here till next Christmas! So please be careful of what you disclose! :eek: :D

They are re-airing season 2 right now on pbs.org... and you can watch all the episodes that they have shown so far here: http://video.pbs.org/video/

I assume the last will air this Sunday...

·
5,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cuechick said:
Since you, Linjeakel, are in the UK, I think this is something that has not aired yet in the States, since we are still waiting for season 3 to air, which starts here on Jan 6th. So it may not be shown here till next Christmas! So please be careful of what you disclose! :eek: :D
Absolutely! :eek: That's why I didn't give any details at all, even under spoiler cover.

I definitely wouldn't want to spoil anyone's enjoyment, though I didn't realise you were that far behind. Enjoy Season 3!

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
I just started hyperventilating that I had missed this! Oh, season 3, get here already. (I watched both seasons in one weekend over the summer. That was a good weekend. :) Right now I'm neglecting housework (and writing) to watch Heroes. Wow. That's a good show. (and free on instant streaming for amazon prime customers.)

Not a spoiler alert, but a Downton season 3 guess. Does anyone else think that
O'Brien killed Bates' wife?

·
Registered
559 Posts
I can't watch Downton Abbey, too boring.  My wife can't watch Walking Dead, too gruesome. 

Do I smell a cross over hit here we can both watch? 

·
Registered
8,665 Posts
gljones said:
I can't watch Downton Abbey, too boring. My wife can't watch Walking Dead, too gruesome.

Do I smell a cross over hit here we can both watch?
I'm with you there. I am apparently one of the very few people in the world who finds Downton Abbey dull as dishwater. Alas, I don't like The Walking Dead either, because I dislike the characters.

As for a potential crossover, no idea. Though of the current trend for nostalgia programming, I prefer both The Paradise (set in a luxury department store in Newcastle in the 1880s) and Call the Midwife (Midwives operating in the poverty stricken London East End in the 1950s - some birth scenes are quite graphic) to Downton Abbey.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Lisa Scott said:
Not a spoiler alert, but a Downton season 3 guess. Does anyone else think that
O'Brien killed Bates' wife?
Hmm, it did cross my mind before that she was going to "do something," but that seems really drastic, even for her. If she was involved, I don't think she was there personally, and I think things must have gone farther than she intended.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Well yesterday I watched all four parts of "The Crimson Petal and the White" based on the excellent book. It is not available for rental and not yet on netflix streaming, maybe DVD? You can buy all four episodes for about 15.00 and then stream them (you then have them forever and can watch them again, kind of like buying an e book). I think it was well worth it! This is the best period drama I have seen in a while, it is beautifully acted and filmed. Just be aware, it is R rated, there is both nudity and sex! For those who read the book, that will come as no surprise... :eek: ;D

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
marianneg said:
Hmm, it did cross my mind before that she was going to "do something," but that seems really drastic, even for her. If she was involved, I don't think she was there personally, and I think things must have gone farther than she intended.
Well, I re-watched a few episodes and I actually think it was probably ordered by Mary's x-fiance Sir Richard, remember she was being blackmailed and he paid it... I think he might have decided letting her live was to big risk and had her done away with, doubt he would do it himself but certainly has the means to get it done... that is my theory. Something he said when discussing it with Mary made me realize he might be the one.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Just watched the Christmas special here in the UK and thought it was really good. I've watched Downton from the beginning but I wasn't that taken with it at first. It soon grew on me, though. I think it gets better and better. Plus, I love a good period drama  :)

·
Registered
380 Posts
I was a bit disappointed with this years Christmas special. Last year had a real Christmas feel to it, but not this years. I appreciate they were trying to do something different, but it just didn't do it for me this time round.

The ending I was expecting anyway, so it only added to the disappointment. Here's looking forward to the new season though. ;)

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Cuechick said:
Well, I re-watched a few episodes and I actually think it was probably ordered by Mary's x-fiance Sir Richard, remember she was being blackmailed and he paid it... I think he might have decided letting her live was to big risk and had her done away with, doubt he would do it himself but certainly has the means to get it done... that is my theory. Something he said when discussing it with Mary made me realize he might be the one.
Oh, yes. This sounds even more likely than my guess.
It was just the way the camera stayed on O'Brien for a moment when she heard the news that made me think, hmmm...she doesn't look surprised. But Sir Richard would make more sense.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Cuechick said:
Well yesterday I watched all four parts of "The Crimson Petal and the White" based on the excellent book. It is not available for rental and not yet on netflix streaming, maybe DVD? You can buy all four episodes for about 15.00 and then stream them (you then have them forever and can watch them again, kind of like buying an e book). I think it was well worth it! This is the best period drama I have seen in a while, it is beautifully acted and filmed. Just be aware, it is R rated, there is both nudity and sex! For those who read the book, that will come as no surprise... :eek: ;D
I loved this book! I can't wait to see this. I didn't know it had been made to film. Thanks!

1 - 20 of 80 Posts