Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
LOL. I LOVE Dr. Seuss. I read his books anytime at the doctors office. So the receptionist looks at me funny,  what's wrong with a 40 something reading Dr. Seuss. I'm going to be sad when I reach the next level and leave him behind.  :-[

TheresaM

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Harvey, After I get in the high 40s postings, please feel free if you wish to remove the 6 or 7 posts from my total. I don't mean to pad my postings, I just don't want to be Dr. Seuss.

Steve

B

·
0 Posts
CS said:
Hey, could be worse. You could be Madeleine L'Engle (whoever that is). ;)
Madelaine L'Engle wrote the classic YA science fiction book A Wrinkle in Time. It was the first in a series of books following the adventures of the Murray family and their travels through time, across dimensions, and even their interactions with angels.

She also wrote the lesser-known Austin Family series, mainstream YA books with a mystery/adventure bent.

L'Engle won the Newberry Award for Outstanding Children's Literature four times.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Thanks Bacardi Jim. I loved that series. It was read to us when I was in the 6th grade....umpty ump years ago  ::) and just bought them in DTB format. I'll have to get them for Kindle if they are available.  I just never paid attention to who the author was. Bad me!

TheresaM

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
CS said:
Hey, could be worse. You could be Madeleine L'Engle (whoever that is). ;)
Or DOYLE! At least you are a gurl :-[

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
"Madelaine L'Engle wrote the classic YA science fiction book A Wrinkle in Time."

Holy smokes!! That was like the first science fiction book I ever read. Many, many, MANY years ago. It's probably so old it may be moving into the public domain  ::)

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
FearNot said:
"Madelaine L'Engle wrote the classic YA science fiction book A Wrinkle in Time."

Holy smokes!! That was like the first science fiction book I ever read. Many, many, MANY years ago. It's probably so old it may be moving into the public domain ::)
Hardly. It was first published in 1962.

The girl was Meg, right? What was her little brother's name? Anyone?

L

1 - 20 of 36 Posts