Kindle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made a mistake.

I pulled my books from D2D and all the distributors I was listed in with them so that I could try KDP Select, more specifically the Kindle Unlimited stuff.

After 90 days in KU, I didn't get one. single. borrow. NOT ONE IN 90 DAYS!!! :mad: What a joke.

Needless to say, I'm gonna list my books with D2D again. KDP and KU was not a good experience. I have a question about ISBNs with D2D. I emailed them about a week ago but haven't heard anything from them. Do I have to buy new ISBN numbers for my books, or can I use the ones I had last time my books were listed with them?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,453 Posts
Jason Eric Pryor said:
I have a question about ISBNs with D2D. I emailed them about a week ago but haven't heard anything from them. Do I have to buy new ISBN numbers for my books, or can I use the ones I had last time my books were listed with them?
If the books haven't changed, you should be able to use the same ISBNs. If you de-listed your books but did not delete them at D2D, all you probably have to do is re-publish them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DRMarvello said:
If the books haven't changed, you should be able to use the same ISBNs. If you de-listed your books but did not delete them at D2D, all you probably have to do is re-publish them.
Unfortunately, I deleted them. I thought I had to in order to go exclusive with Amazon.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,063 Posts
ISBN is based on edition and format. Since these would be exactly the same format as they were before, it would be the same ISBN.

The larger answer is you don't need ISBNs at all for ebooks. They serve absolutely no purpose.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Scott Esteban said:
ISBN is based on edition and format. Since these would be exactly the same format as they were before, it would be the same ISBN.

The larger answer is you don't need ISBNs at all for ebooks. They serve absolutely no purpose.
That's what I thought too. But, for whatever reason, you have to have an ISBN number when you list your books with D2D.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I heard back from them today. They were able to go through their archives and find my books. They just added them back to my account and set the status to "draft". So, all I have to do is re-publish them when I'm ready. D2D was super helpful.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,453 Posts
Jason Eric Pryor said:
I heard back from them today. They were able to go through their archives and find my books. They just added them back to my account and set the status to "draft". So, all I have to do is re-publish them when I'm ready. D2D was super helpful.
That's why I love them! I'm glad it worked out. Best of luck with your titles.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top