Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Amazon is running a sale on Dragon Blade - now only $3.82 - no idea how long it will last.

Swords forged by dragon magic. Ancient rivalries flaring into all-out war. Dragon Riders caught up in a clash of hidden powers. A world hangs in the balance.

Dragon Blade, the second book in J.D. Hallowell's War of the Blades, is the epic conclusion to the story begun in Dragon Fate.

Delno Okonan, his draconic bond-mate, Geneva, and their allies among the Dragons and Riders are once again caught up in events controlled by unseen forces. They must uncover the real secrets behind the death of a senior Dragon Rider and the sudden rise of the Roracks, ancient enemy of dragons and men, to defeat a threat that could destroy them all and leave the world they know forever altered.

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
JD,

Welcome again to the Book Bazaar and congratulations on your new book!

KindleBoards is a Kindle fan and reader forum. As you browse KindleBoards, keep in mind that self-promotion, of any sort, is ONLY allowed in the Book Bazaar. (You've posted your book thread in the right place; this is just our standard welcome that we place in all book threads. :))

A brief recap of our rules follows:

--Please bookmark this thread (using your browser's bookmark/favorite function) so you can update it as we ask that authors have only one thread per book and add to it when there is more information. You may start a separate thread for each book (or you may have one thread per series of books, or one thread for all of your books, it's your choice).

--We invite you to use your book cover as your avatar and have links to your book and website in your signature. Instructions are posted here

--While you may respond to member posts to your thread at any time, you may only bump your thread (back-to-back posts by you) once every seven days. Once you've responded to a member, that resets the clock to zero and you must wait seven days to post, unless another member posts before then. You may modify the latest post to reflect new information.

--We ask that Amazon reviews not be repeated here as they are easy to find at your book link. Also, full reviews from other sites should not be posted here, but you may post a short blurb and a link to the full review instead.

--Although self-promotion is limited to the Book Bazaar, our most successful authors have found the best way to promote their books is to be as active throughout KindleBoards as time allows. This is your target audience--book lovers with Kindles! Please note that putting link information in the body of your posts outside the Book Bazaar constitutes self promotion; please leave your links for your profile signature that will automatically appear on each post. For information on more ways to promote here on KindleBoards, be sure to check out this thread: Authors: KindleBoards Tips & FAQ.

All this, and more, is included in our Forum Decorum: http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,36.0.html. Be sure to check it from time to time for the current guidelines and rules.

Thanks for being part of KindleBoards! Feel free to send us a PM if you have any questions.

Betsy & Ann
Book Bazaar Moderators

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I extend my deepest thanks and appreciation to all of the readers who have helped keep Dragon Blade in the top 20 for Kindle Hot New Releases in Epic Fantasy for the past two weeks.  It's wonderful to see so many people enjoying the books and sharing them with their friends.

As always, I'm happy to discuss the books and answer questions.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is a great opportunity to get Dragon Blade, the sequel to the Amazon Kindle Epic Fantasy best-seller Dragon Fate, at a discounted price. 

Don't miss  out!

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dragon Blade even has a fan in Iceland!

I got this message from a reader on Facebook recently:

"Just wanted to say thanks for writing, I just finished Dragon Blade, bought it the minute I finished Dragon Fate last Sunday, very enjoyable books, well written and good story, now you can tell people that you even have a fan in Reykjavík, Iceland ;)" ~Gunnar Ingi Kristjansson

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm happy to see that Dragon Blade picked up two more 5-star reviews and one 4-star this week. It's so good to see that people are enjoying the books!

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Many thanks to everyone who has read, reviewed, and shared links to Dragon Blade. It has a 4.3 average rating with 10 reviews now, and its sales are almost keeping up with Dragon Fate, which spent the past 8 days on the Epic Fantasy bestsellers list.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It is so good to see that people are reading and enjoying Dragon Blade.

It has 11 Amazon reviews now, with a 4.4 average, and it joined Dragon Fate, the first book in the War of the Blades series, on the Kindle Epic Fantasy Bestsellers list this week.

Thanks for reading!

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
In addition to re-appearing on the Amazon.com Epic Fantasy Bestsellers lists for Kindle and for all books this week, Dragon Blade also made its debut on the Epic Fantasy lists on Amazon.ca, and it continues to draw more four- and five-star reviews and ratings, both on Amazon and Goodreads.

It is good to see so many people reading and enjoying the books, and sharing the word about them.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm happy to find that Dragon Blade continues to pick up great reatings and reviews from readers. It now has 14 Amazon reviews, with an overall rating of 4.3, and 28 Goodreads ratings, with an overall rating of 4.36. Thanks to everyone who has been reading and rating. I'm so glad that you're enjoying the books!

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks again to all of the purchasers who have taken the time to read and review Dragon Blade. It now stands at 15 Amazon reviews with a 4.3 overall rating and 34 Goodreads ratings with an overall average of 4.41.  

It's so good to see so many people enjoying the books.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Dragon Blade picked up its first Amazon UK review this week, and it's a 5-star that starts out like this:

"As the sequel to Dragon Fate, this book Dragon Blade had a lot to live up to and it succeeds very well...."

You can read the rest of the review, as well as the 19 others from the US site, on Amazon.co.uk.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Dragon Blade is accumulating more excellent reader reviews on Amazon.com, now up to 22 with a 4.4 average rating. I appreciate everyone who is taking the time to read and review, and I'm delighted to hear that so many people are enjoying the books.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts