Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I would give us a week to finish discussing the end of Outlander and catch a breath after that roller coaster ride. 

I'll be posting the reading assignments on Monday in the Outlander Series Book Klub child board.  We'll be reading this one a lot faster because there are over 700 pages.  Not to mention there's no holding you guys back.  :)

Same guidelines apply. 

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bacardi Jim said:
I'm cornfused. I thought The Princess Bride had the most votes for next book club?
Dragonfly in Amber is the next book in the Outlander series. We're continuing on through all six books. The 7th will be published in September. I figure it's going to take us a year to get through them all.

The Southern Vampire Mysteries Klub is going much faster because those books are 1/2 the length of the Outlander books.

Get in touch with Betsy and get scheduled. You know I'll sign up for that one.

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
tlshaw said:
Gertie;
I am so glad we are continuing with the series. I enjoyed discussing Outlander so much with other people who love Jamie and Claire as much as I do. I think we should all get Claire's ring as part of the Klub.

Here is the link: http://www.ivmoores.com/claires_ring/clairesring_info.htm
I have drooled over that ring many times. You're right. Now is the time to get it. $45 is not a lot. I think I would get the silver/antique. You first. :eek:

·
Registered
677 Posts
I think I am going to go ahead and order one too. Of course it has to be the silver one, because that is what Claire had. Her wedding band from Frank was gold, and Jamie's was silver. I always found it interesting that Jamie put the ring on her right hand and did not even suggest that she take off her other wedding band.

Are you going to have the inscription on yours?

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
tlshaw said:
I think I am going to go ahead and order one too. Of course it has to be the silver one, because that is what Claire had. Her wedding band from Frank was gold, and Jamie's was silver. I always found it interesting that Jamie put the ring on her right hand and did not even suggest that she take off her other wedding band.
I found it interesting that Claire wore the gold band on her left hand since Europeans generally wear their wedding bands on the right hand.

Didn't Claire extend her right hand for Jamie to put it on? So it was really her decision. Jamie shows himself to be pretty sensitive to Claire's feelings, and I think he knew she wouldn't want to replace Frank's ring with his.

Are you going to have the inscription on yours?
I thought about it, but it would be on the inside and won't show.

I found a ring sizer on the internet and it shows I'm a 4.5, but I think I'm going to order size 5 and get it resized here. The description said there was a sizing band, so the jeweler can cut it there.

I just thought of something and had to laugh. For some reason, my younger daughter thinks I'm seeing someone on the sly (not true) and she's been trying to get me to tell her. If I start wearing Claire's ring, she'll be convinced of it. I do love to be a trial to my children. :D

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
BambiB said:
I want one, I want one!! And, for me, it has to have the inscription!!
They've got bracelets with the inscription, too. There's another link on that page that takes you to a lot of different Outlander jewelry. I love the thistle earrings.

·
Registered
339 Posts
gertiekindle said:
They've got bracelets with the inscription, too. There's another link on that page that takes you to a lot of different Outlander jewelry. I love the thistle earrings.
Ohh, I really like some of the jewelry at that site. I might have to get the bracelet and earrings and necklace and ring and... :)

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
gertiekindle said:
I just thought of something and had to laugh. For some reason, my younger daughter thinks I'm seeing someone on the sly (not true) and she's been trying to get me to tell her. If I start wearing Claire's ring, she'll be convinced of it. I do love to be a trial to my children. :D
That's our right, after all, they were a trial to us to some degree.

·
Super Moderator
67,323 Posts
Well, Gertie, you've been seeing all of us. . . . . . .

Ann

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
BambiB said:
Ohh, I really like some of the jewelry at that site. I might have to get the bracelet and earrings and necklace and ring and... :)
Remember the book budget! ::)
drenee said:
That's our right, after all, they were a trial to us to some degree.
That's certainly true. When my daughter was bartending, she met this guy who she thought would be great for me. I agreed to meet him the next night where she worked. First, both my daughters decided they had to dress me. I wouldn't stand for that. I'm no fashion plate, but I can put myself together for a casual meeting at a bar.

So I get there, of course my daughter is working so she can introduce us. Nice guy. Next thing you know, other daughter and fiance arrive to check out the poor guy. Just get over that and daughter's best friend (who lived with me) shows up with her boyfriend. Good thing my "date" had three kids and understood. We had a good laugh.

Ann Von Hagel said:
Well, Gertie, you've been seeing all of us. . . . . . .

Ann
;D Yes, you know that glow you get when you meet someone? Well, I guess all my new BFF's on KB are making me that happy. ;)

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
***LOL! That's funny & so true, Gertie. I'm single & I am oblivious to men staring at me. Last night I was out with my parents & friends. My mother said, "did you notice the guy standing by the corner staring at you?" No, I didn't. :eek: "Well, the guy noticed me looking  back at him & he turned his back to us," my mother added. Well, that's creepy. Who was he??? Was he Jamie????? ;D I do, however check out my nephews many girls that fawn over them. I fixed up my brother. He married her. Why did he have to pick that time to listen to me!!!  :eek: My great aunt once called 1 of my dates to pretend something to check up on him. I just tell my parents, get a police report on them. They could be prisoners or rapists. You don't know them!!!
***Back to the jewelry....thanks for the link. I want the ring, bracelets & necklace & why not, the key chain. ;D My ears can't take sterling silver, since I get a burning sensation. I'm not sure which ring color/metal as I thought that there would only be the silver. So many choices....Okay, back to dreaming. I'st order Kindle 2, buy rest of Outlander Series & order Oberon Cover.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I've had the ring for over a year with the inscription, I love it.  The sizer band only show up after a certain size I wear a 9.5 and can only see a small portion of it, if you order a 5 I doubt you'll see it at all.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Bacardi Jim said:
Somebody WILL alert me when it's time for the The Princess Bride book klub, right?
You and me both, Jim

1 - 20 of 80 Posts