Kindle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here we go again! Buckle your seat belts, it's going to be another bumpy ride!!

We'll be reading Chapters 1 thru 7 (114 pages in the HB) this week and starting the discussion on those chapters when I post the questions on 3/2.

For new readers, how the book starts is a little disconcerting. My own reaction was ... Wait a minute, wait a minute ... they were going to Rome and now it's ... ??? Just keep reading. All will become clear in time.

Just a reminder, especially for those who didn't arrive at Kindleboards in time for the Outlander discussion, there is no obligation to answer the questions. The questions are an aid to discussion, and the only one obligated to answer them is me.

You may answer all or some or none of the questions. You may respond to posts from other members. You may bring up questions or discussion points yourself, as long as they are within the chapter set we are currently discussing.

Also, newcomers, you might familiarize yourself with the Klub Guidelines found in the Book Klubs thread stickied at the top.

So, get your nose away from the computer screen and into the book.

Another not so subtle Potter reference from Gertie. ;D ;D

·
Registered
339 Posts
gertiekindle said:
For new readers, how the book starts is a little disconcerting. My own reaction was ... Wait a minute, wait a minute ... they were going to Rome and now it's ... ??? Just keep reading. All will become clear in time.
Thank you for posting this. It was my reaction entirely. I even went online to make sure that I had purchased the right book. In the end, I really like the way DG started this volume, but I wasn't so sure at the beginning!

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BambiB said:
Thank you for posting this. It was my reaction entirely. I even went online to make sure that I had purchased the right book. In the end, I really like the way DG started this volume, but I wasn't so sure at the beginning!
It's kind of crazy, isn't it, but I think it's another way of keeping us guessing until the end. I think I'll make that one of the discussion questions. I bought the books as they were published, and I was sure I had missed one myself. :D

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
gertiekindle said:
Here we go again! Buckle your seat belts, it's going to be another bumpy ride!!
<<strapping myself in>> YAY! I'm glad it's finally time to start DIA!

·
Registered
776 Posts
Yay, Gertie!  Thanks for continuing to be our leader - you have me chomping at the bit to start (can't till tonight - grr)!

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
We're on our way!!  I did my reading for In Her Name earlier so I can get started on DIA.  Can't wait to get back with Jamie and Claire once again..... so I have my cup of Jingle Bell Java (decaf) by my side.... my feet and the dog are on the ottoman.... and we're ready to get started.  It's a bitter cold and windy night here tonight so it's a great time to stay inside and read!!

·
Registered
339 Posts
gertiekindle said:
It's kind of crazy, isn't it, but I think it's another way of keeping us guessing until the end. I think I'll make that one of the discussion questions. I bought the books as they were published, and I was sure I had missed one myself. :D
I totally agree. Its funny how you just "know" how certain parts of the story will go (primarily based on the back-cover book summary), but because of how DG writes it, you begin to doubt that the story will really head in that direction.

And remember how I said that I was going to wait until next week-and March's check-to purchase Voyager...yeah so I bought it yesterday evening and have already read half way through it. I figure that I will reread for discussion in a few months when we get to it, but I JUST COULDN'T WAIT!!! :)

·
Registered
261 Posts
BambiB said:
I totally agree. Its funny how you just "know" how certain parts of the story will go (primarily based on the back-cover book summary), but because of how DG writes it, you begin to doubt that the story will really head in that direction.
It's sortof like a Columbo episode - you know Who murdered Whom and How right in the first 5 minutes, but you still have to watch the rest of the episode to find out how he solves the case... (I'm not that old, right? Somebody remembers Columbo? and Quincy?)

·
Registered
339 Posts
bosslady said:
It's sortof like a Columbo episode - you know Who murdered Whom and How right in the first 5 minutes, but you still have to watch the rest of the episode to find out how he solves the case...
Exactly!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I am excited to join in the Klub.  I read all of Outlander over the past week so that I could catch up to you all.  I enjoyed reading your discussions as I read through each section of the book.  I don't know that I would have stumbled onto this series on my own, but I loving it so far. 

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bella said:
I am excited to join in the Klub. I read all of Outlander over the past week so that I could catch up to you all. I enjoyed reading your discussions as I read through each section of the book. I don't know that I would have stumbled onto this series on my own, but I loving it so far.
So glad you're joining us. We love discussing the series and, of course, Jamie and Claire.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Well, I'm on the last 'dot' in DiA....apparently I'm not very good at book clubs!  I actually posted on here when I started it, I thought for sure I had the wrong book.  But believe me, it does get better!  I've already bought the rest of them....... ;D , and will probably start Voyager as soon as I can.  If my life was normal, I would have probably finished them ALL by now!  But I moved into a new house 6 months ago, work a full time job, and am planning my wedding pretty much by myself.  I'd say I'm lucky I've read this much  :D !!

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Jen said:
Well, I'm on the last 'dot' in DiA....apparently I'm not very good at book clubs! I actually posted on here when I started it, I thought for sure I had the wrong book. But believe me, it does get better! I've already bought the rest of them....... ;D , and will probably start Voyager as soon as I can. If my life was normal, I would have probably finished them ALL by now! But I moved into a new house 6 months ago, work a full time job, and am planning my wedding pretty much by myself. I'd say I'm lucky I've read this much :D !!
You're not alone. A lot of people haven't been able to stop. :D Do feel free to read along with the discussion and post if something strikes you.

Good luck with your wedding. Personally, I went to a notary public's office on my lunch hour. ;D

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
gertiekindle said:
You're not alone. A lot of people haven't been able to stop. :D Do feel free to read along with the discussion and post if something strikes you.

Good luck with your wedding. Personally, I went to a notary public's office on my lunch hour. ;D
If I would have had ANY idea what this was going to take, believe me, I would have done the same thing! I'm very laid back and definitely not a bridezilla, so I thought that if I kept it simple it wouldn't be very hard. WRONG! Oh well, it'll be beautiful.....I just keep telling myself that, over and over.....
:D

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Jen said:
If I would have had ANY idea what this was going to take, believe me, I would have done the same thing! I'm very laid back and definitely not a bridezilla, so I thought that if I kept it simple it wouldn't be very hard. WRONG! Oh well, it'll be beautiful.....I just keep telling myself that, over and over.....
:D
Yes it will be worth it and a beautiful memory. My daughter had a very beautiful wedding, even with my cousins laughing hysterically through the whole service, the priest forgetting the ring, and the fire marshal showing up at the reception. Such memories. ;D We had a wonderful time. Best wedding I've ever been to.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts