Kindle Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
***Okay, I took a deep breath. Thanks, tlshaw & Anju!!! I'll wait patiently for the answer. I started Voyager, & yep, it does get better & better. I did not want to put the Kindle down. Gave myself a big pat on the back for finishing yet another big book.  :)

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
tlshaw *Padded Cell 511* said:
I wondered about Claire's ring too. It would seem that at some point, Bri would have at least commented on it. Maybe she did and Claire just told her a very good friend had given it to her a long time ago (it was after all 200 years ago).
Yes, I guess it's easily explained. She could have even said that Frank bought it for her when they honeymooned in Scotland the second time.

I know some people have commented throughout this book why Bri never questioned the fact that she didn't look like Claire or Frank. If Bri had questioned it, Claire could have easily told her she looked like one of her grandparents. Since they were dead long ago, who could argue the point?
If Claire ever had any photos of her parents, she probably kept them to herself.

That must have been awful for Claire to see Jamie every time she looked a Bri, but not be able to talk about him to anyone. I loved the comment in the beginning of DIA when Claire stroked Bri's hair while she was sleeping and she smiled. It was the same as when she was stroking Jamie's hair when he fell asleep at the table at Lallybroch and he smiled. It was at that moment that Jenny accepted Claire.
Even if Bree hadn't looked exactly like Jamie, we would have known at that point. That did tug at my heartstrings.

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Toby said:
***I'm confused! Geille dies at the stake. She's dead. Claire's there at that same time. Claire goes back to the future. Geille is alive! Geille goes back ....to die! It made sense to me at 1st until I started thinking about it. Please explain this to me!!!!! :p****
When Claire is in 1968, Gillian Edgars (Gellie) had not gone back, yet. This is the continuous time loop theory of time travel. Gillian Edgars doesn't exist in 1968 the minute she goes through the stones. It doesn't pay to think too much about it without a very large bottle of Tylenol at hand.

***I knew it!! I knew it!!!! Frank is Alex's child. Gertie, remember when I was asking you about Alex. I knew something was up with that. I knew it for sure, like all of you when Mary was pregnant.
I remember. I'm just so mean, I won't tell. :-X

***Was I the only one that read that Jamie had told Claire that before Dougal died, he told Jamie that no ships could leave or enter the port? That's when Claire suggested that they flee back to France, if Claire killed Charlie.
Yes. Jamie told her that all the ports were closed. O'Brien had been trying to get a ship through for three months to get Charlie back to France. But Jamie told her that when she suggested they go back to France.

***Love the 2 books that I've read, the writing, the ups & downs of emotions, the laughter. I love the fact that we are reading together, even though, I think, most have already read the series. I love what everyone has said & learning new things when someone points something out. What a ride!! Incredible plot lines. How does Diana do it? That's what I think as I read her books.
It doesn't matter how many times I've read the series. I laugh, I cry, I hold my breath and I get more out of the books, too, reading everyone's responses and opinions.

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Toby said:
***Yeah!!! Gerties in for all the books!!! Yipppeeee!!!!!

***I watched Harry Potter tonight on TV, Gertie. I thought of you. I missed the beginning once again. I never seem to catch the beginning. It was The Sorcerous Stone - Book 1.
Aww, that's sweet. I'm holding the last meeting of my HP Book Club tomorrow. It's going to be the last task of the TriWizard Tournament. Wish me luck!!!

And Slytherin won the House Cup.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts