Kindle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello --

When I connect my Kindle to my computer, I notice that it shows two Kindle drives.  Each of them have the same three folders.  Could this be because I have the SD card inserted in my Kindle, so my VISTA computer is picking up the SD card as a separate drive?

Regards,

ZU

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Zorrosuncle said:
Hello --

When I connect my Kindle to my computer, I notice that it shows two Kindle drives. Each of them have the same three folders. Could this be because I have the SD card inserted in my Kindle, so my VISTA computer is picking up the SD card as a separate drive?

Regards,

ZU
That's exactly right, Zorrosuncle. One is the Kindle internal drive and the other is the SD card. You can test this yourself if you want by removing the card and then reattaching the Kindle to the USB. Interesting that Vista shows them both as Kindle drives; XP, I believe, shows one as Kindle and the other simply as G: (or whatever). Good to know!

Betsy

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Betsy the Quilter said:
That's exactly right, Zorrosuncle. One is the Kindle internal drive and the other is the SD card. You can test this yourself if you want by removing the card and then reattaching the Kindle to the USB. Interesting that Vista shows them both as Kindle drives; XP, I believe, shows one as Kindle and the other simply as G: (or whatever). Good to know!

Betsy
Right. Vista showed one of them as the "K" drive and the other as the "J" drive.

ZU

1 - 3 of 3 Posts