Kindle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I'm totally confused by this. Amazon doesn't set DRM the people upload to Amazon do. So it's authors and publishers choosing to have it applied. Amazon made DRM optional a while ago. I mean, I understand they don't like it being proprietary, but that can be avoided by not having DRM. What is it they truly have a problem with, DRM or the proprietary part? It doesn't sound like they understand what they're talking about. Or am I missing something?

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
On the other thread, and even at the bottom of the linked article, it was pointed out that the people who filed the lawsuit obviously did not have a clear idea what DRM is. The general consensus seems to be that it's a poorly written complaint.

·
Registered
I'm working on my will to live.
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'd read the first thread about this. It's apparently been discussed to death already. But you're right, the lawsuit people have no clue.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
MegHarris said:
On the other thread, and even at the bottom of the linked article, it was pointed out that the people who filed the lawsuit obviously did not have a clear idea what DRM is. The general consensus seems to be that it's a poorly written complaint.
Ah, I didn't get that far. I gave up when I couldn't figure out what their complaint was. At least I wasn't the only one!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts