Kindle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's only here I can post the trials, tribulations, joy and anxiety of the Kindle owner. Let's see, I've had my Kindle2 since 02/24. Last night I thought perhaps the name "Shea" would be fitting as only a die-hard NY Mets fan could understand (I don't have a dog, unfortunately to bestow that lovely name). The naming came after I dropped :mad: my beloved Kindle; it WAS in the Amazon cover, which I only received two days ago after carrying my Kindle completely naked since I got it. Because I have been so indecisive on which Oberon cover I wanted, I decided I would buy the Amazon to hold me over. How is it that I managed not to drop the Kindle the entire time it was unprotected, yet I get a cover and I drop it ??? I was perfectly happy with the Amazon cover with the exception that there is no closure. The lack of closure is what caused damage, albeit somewhat minor to my Kindle. The right uppermost corner separated and the volume button was somewhat smashed in. I checked it immediately after dropping it to make sure the text was fine, all was fine, but I breathed too soon it seems. While checking out the TTS for the first time last night, I noted the separated corner. With some mashing and squeezing, I was for the most part, able to click it back and without scrutiny one would not notice it, yet I know it's there!

I will note now, anyone considering an Amazon cover; it's IS a good cover, completely comfortable and fitting; however, that lack of closure is not a good thing..... :(

So now it's back to Oberon cover hunting! And I had been so pleased with myself; I've shown GREAT restraint and not ordered a thing, despite the daily, compulsive clicks on the "Accessories" link here on KB as well as over at oberondesigns.com. I had even managed to cut back from clicking every two minutes every DAY for the last 30 days to perhaps every 10 minutes, alas, still every day, and as long as 30 minutes. Of course, not to mention the Borsa Bella Bags, the Decalgirls skins...... all of which was preceded by compulsive, anxiety ridden, stress induced participation of my own and mass hysteria about when my Kindle would come and agonizing over UPS v USPS and the fact I could have DRIVEN to pick up the thing two days before they actually delivered it.

I needed to get that out....thank you my fellow Kindlefriends :-[

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
So sorry to hear about your accident. The accessory section is adictive. You will love the Oberon cover. Hope you don't find any other damage. :(

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
JCBeam said:
It's only here I can post the trials, tribulations, joy and anxiety of the Kindle owner.
I needed to get that out....thank you my fellow Kindlefriends :-[
Sorry to hear about your Kindle. Many of the other covers,by virtue of their having a latching mechanism, do protect better than the Amazon. The Oberon is Beautiful. By the way, Love the Kindle name, Shea! And if any one can understand a little obsessing over the Kindle and all, it is your fellow board members. We have all been there. Hope things are better from here out.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I ordered my first Oberon cover (I now have two ::)) for the exact same reason. Dropped my precious K2 in the Amazon cover. I was lucky that my K2 wasn't damaged, but I decided there and then that my Kindle needed more protection. You will love the Oberon covers! :)

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Seriously... How many Oberon covers have we "sold" here? :D

·
Registered
621 Posts
akjak said:
Seriously... How many Oberon covers have we "sold" here? :D
Well, certainly I was "sold" the RoH in purple here! My original order was for a red Sky dragon like the one I had on my KK. Then I kept seeing pictures of the beautiful RoH and little enabling voices were whispering "Get it! You know you want it." I finally emailed Oberon thinking that it was too close to the shipping date to change but no problem, they changed my order cheerfully!

patrisha
who always goes first to the Accessories section when she reads... ;)

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Yikes...sorry to read about Shea's fall. If you need accessory enabling, you've come to the right place :p I'm sure that you will find something that will suit your needs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts