Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love it! To be released as soon as it can be final edited... Thoughts? Can it be improved?

·
Registered
390 Posts
I like it! Although, at a glance, the first thing to pop into my head was Indian in the Cupboard, but I loved those books!

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
thejosh86 said:
I like it! Although, at a glance, the first thing to pop into my head was Indian in the Cupboard, but I loved those books!
Ditto - nostalgia alone sold me, and I don't even know what your book is about. I think that's how an effective cover is supposed to work ;) - congratulations!

·
Registered
554 Posts
Really love the cover - it certainly tells the story. Only comment Abi, the line from her eye down her face. Is that supposed to be tears. If it is, would it not be better it it were like droplets instead of a continuous line. Just my two cents worth - otherwsie really great.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you everyone. I have mentioned the fonts or possible size of small text so will see what he comes back with.

mickip said:
Really love the cover - it certainly tells the story. Only comment Abi, the line from her eye down her face. Is that supposed to be tears. If it is, would it not be better it it were like droplets instead of a continuous line. Just my two cents worth - otherwsie really great.
It is strands of hair over her face. ;) Does it look like a line? I know it is hair so I may be cover blind...

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
As he has been mentioned on another thread I thought I would let the cat out of the bag and say yes...This IS a Glendon cover from http://streetlightgraphics.com/

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Fantastic cover. I get a very good sense of what the story is about. The girl behind the door. The anonymous hands counting out money. Chilling.

I agree, though, about the hair in her face. I thought it was a problem with the photo. It's too thin to know what it is.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Love the cover, I would just do something to make your name stand out more.

Time for another wee reminder of what an editor told me once...name above the title equates with bestseller on the bookshelves.  A print author can tell when they're moving up in the ranks when their name goes on top.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Already a powerful story and that's just coming from the cover! Made me have flashbacks - that's a good sign of a powerful cover! Gorgeous, haunting, definitely something that sticks with you when you see it.

The only thing I wasn't fond of was the bottom part's font and color, but I can't put my finger on why. The 'best selling author ...' part.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Absolutely gorgeous! I did notice what I thought was a line down her face. I'm wondering if the cover artist can remove it? IMO it's more of a distraction than you would want it to be.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts