Kindle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased one of these bags to protect my kindle when I go on my boat or at the beach. Over the weekend I placed my kindle in the bag and started reading. Condensation started building up in the bag and before I new it it was "wet" just from being in the bag. Protecting it from water was the reason I put it in the bag in the first place. I did have one of those little packets you get with shoes in there as well.
Any suggestions how to get around this problem?

Vicki

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
vlapinta said:
I purchased one of these bags to protect my kindle when I go on my boat or at the beach. Over the weekend I placed my kindle in the bag and started reading. Condensation started building up in the bag and before I new it it was "wet" just from being in the bag. Protecting it from water was the reason I put it in the bag in the first place. I did have one of those little packets you get with shoes in there as well.
Any suggestions how to get around this problem?

Vicki
Vicki: You need to put silica gel packs in the bag. They are the little packs that come in boxes when you buy something. You can buy them in little bags in camera stores and online. If you put a couple of them in the bag it will stop the condensation.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I'm gonna have to play around with this. I have not tried it so I can't recommend anything at the moment.  :-\

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had one silica gel pack in there and I placed it in the Dry-Tech outside, so there was no temperature difference to deal with. I will try adding more silica packs next time and see if that works.

Vicki

·
Registered
10,391 Posts
Also, consider the possibility that the silica pack you used was already saturated and could not absorb enough water to help any more. You might need to buy some new, unused packs to get a good effect.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts