Kindle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what the process is to convert a book for Kindle? I notice the new books that are out for Kindle the print quality is excellent. Some of the older books have print missing. Today I downloaded a sample of Beth Moore's 2000 Praying God's Word Day by Day. The print quality was terrible. People wouldn't buy this in a DTB with the some of the print missing in the letters. The Kindle price was outrageous at $9.99. I don't plan on buying it.

Another book with bad print quality on the Kindle was Southern Lady Yankee Spy and the Kindle price was $9.99.

·
Registered
106 Posts
A lot of books are converted using OCR (optical character recognition), where a DTB is scanned, and software can tell what the letters are supposed to be based on the image. It's not 100% accurate, and publishers don't always go back and proofread scanned copies.

·
Registered
5,981 Posts
For new books, I am assuming that they are taking the word processing document and using that to make the digital copy. There is probably a template that they drop the document into in order to format it correctly. This is a guess on my part.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts