Kindle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can somebody please tell me what "DTV" stands for? I keep seeing it and I promise you I have tried searching the board for the answer before posting this, but no luck.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
OMG I'm glad other, smarter people answered first because my first reaction was that it means Direct T.V like the satellite company.

Why that came to mind ahead of dead tree version (dtv) or dead tree book (dtb) is beyond me. I'm glad I didn't have to do any more SERIOUS thinking today, someone could have got hurt lol

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
koolmnbv said:
OMG I'm glad other, smarter people answered first because my first reaction was that it means Direct T.V like the satellite company.
Don't feel bad...that was my first thought, too. And I was all set to respond that I have DirecTV and for the most part I like it.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
lol I was thinking DTV as in the upcoming digital transition, since that is coming up in a couple of weeks.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
mackmom said:
Can somebody please tell me what "DTV" stands for? I keep seeing it and I promise you I have tried searching the board for the answer before posting this, but no luck.

Thanks in advance!
You'll also see DTB, for dead tree book.

L

1 - 13 of 13 Posts