Kindle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just published DUAL, a short story about a parallel universe. It is up for .99 and here is an excerpt:

Betty turned and walked back to his side of the table hoping he would follow. She wanted him sitting down.

Like an obedient child, he followed her and sat, hands immediately wrapping around his empty glass.

Betty remained standing behind his chair. "Why?" If it was so wonderful there, why would you ever want to come back here?"

"I didn't belong. My life here ain't grand but it's mine. I have friends to buy me booze and to drink and laugh with. I got a TV. That's all I need. I'm old and I've been sick. I didn't want to spend the last of my days with strangers, no matter how kind they may be. So I came back the same way I went in."

"Did you ever tell anyone else besides the Professor?"

"Are you kidding? People think I'm crazy enough as it is. I didn't want to be put away."

She believed him. And she now had what she came for.

With his back to her, he silently raised his glass for another drink. Betty reached her arm around from behind him and picked up the bottle. It was half full and hefty enough to do the job. She swung with all of her strength and connected to his right temple. He went down like a sack of potatoes.

The blow was meant to kill. After all, she wasn't a bad person and she saw no need to make him suffer unnecessarily. She poured the rest of the whiskey on the old newspapers, food cartons, bags and other debris lying around the dirty kitchen floor. She covered as much mess as she could.

"I'm sorry I had to take your life, Crazy. But you weren't really using it anyway."

She fished the matches from her pocket.

It doesn't have any reviews yet as it just came out. Maybe yours will be my first. :) Thank you for looking at my thread.

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Jeanne,

Congratulations on your short story!

Please keep in mind that KindleBoards is a Reader and Kindle Fan forum. As such, self-promotion, of any sort, is ONLY allowed in the Book Bazaar. (You haven't done anything wrong, just our standard reminder. :))

A brief recap of our rules follows:

--Please bookmark this thread (using your browser's bookmark/favorite function) so you can update it as we ask that authors have only one thread per book and add to it when there is more information. You may start a separate thread for each book (or you may have one thread per series of books, or one thread for all of your books, it's your choice).

--We invite you to use your book cover as your avatar and have links to your book and website in your signature. Instructions are posted here

--While you may respond to member posts to your thread at any time, you may only bump your thread (back-to-back posts by you) once every seven days. Once you've responded to a member, that resets the clock to zero and you must wait seven days to post, unless another member posts before then. You may modify the latest post to reflect new information.

--We ask that Amazon reviews not be repeated here as they are easy to find at your book link. Also, full reviews from other sites should not be posted here, but you may post a short blurb and a link to the full review instead.

--Although self-promotion is limited to the Book Bazaar, our most successful authors have found the best way to promote their books is to be as active throughout KindleBoards as time allows. This is your target audience--book lovers with Kindles! Please note that putting link information in the body of your posts constitutes self promotion; please leave your links for your profile signature that will automatically appear on each post. For information on more ways to promote here on KindleBoards, be sure to check out this thread:
Authors: KindleBoards Tips & FAQ.

All this, and more, is included in our Forum Decorum: http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,36.0.html. Be sure to check it from time to time for the current guidelines and rules.

Oh, and one more thing: be sure to check out the index threads at the top of the Book Bazaar. . . .there are details there about how you can be listed so that our readers can find you.

Thanks for being part of KindleBoards! Feel free to send us a PM if you have any questions.

Betsy & Ann
Book Bazaar Moderators

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just got my first Smashwords review!  Very excited.  Still free for those who like short fiction.  :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts