Kindle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, when I look up Dune, it has the "get the Kindle version in under a minute" box, but there is no price and it says Not Yet Available. The other books in the series are available, but not the first one. What the.....?

Has anyone seen anything like this before? Have you seen a "Not Yet Available" become available pretty quickly? I really want to re-read these books on my Kindle. :/

Thanks in advance!

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Sometimes they appear fairly quickly and sometimes not so quickly. I know that doesn't help much. I always contact Kindle support and ask when it might be available. One time it became available that day, so I'm always hopeful.

You can use Mysteria to be notified when a book is Kindled:
http://oscurapress.com/mysteria/cgi-bin/mysteria.cgi

Betsy

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
I bought Dune (40th Anniversary Edition) back on October 26, 2008 so it has been available. At the time it was also a can't pass up price of $1.95. I checked the formatting and it looks great, but maybe they temporarily pulled it to fix something. :( I remember reading some other people have run into this at various times so don't give up!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks to both of you for the info! :)

·
Registered
860 Posts
This KindleHouse is anxiously awaiting Dune too, just look at my avatar.  ;D

It's confusing the way it's listed on Amazon and has been that way at least since DH got his K2 when they were first released.  I wish they'd make it available or remove it so we can show our support by clicking on the appropriate button..

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I, too, bought the Kindle edition last summer for $1.25, but quickly heard about bad formatting and missing text.  I also got books 2, 3, and 4, but haven't heard anything bad about those yet. 

I've been waiting long enough for a corrected Kindle edition that I finally just starting rereading it in the DTV.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
KindleMom said:
This KindleHouse is anxiously awaiting Dune too, just look at my avatar. ;D

It's confusing the way it's listed on Amazon and has been that way at least since DH got his K2 when they were first released. I wish they'd make it available or remove it so we can show our support by clicking on the appropriate button..
Dune is my favorite book, KindleMom! It looks like you have good taste in books AND screen names. LOL. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts