Kindle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - looking for some advice
Am going to publish an e-book on KDP which will contain some articles of mine that I have already written and published on a website of mine, over the last couple of years - I'm looking to put book in KDP Select
My question is  - Does the fact that some of the material is already publshed, albeit on a website rather than in another ebook, preclude me from enrolling it in KDP Select ?
Any thoughts much apprecaited
Peter

·
Registered
5,872 Posts
Peter Main said:
Hi - looking for some advice
Am going to publish an e-book on KDP which will contain some articles of mine that I have already written and published on a website of mine, over the last couple of years - I'm looking to put book in KDP Select
My question is - Does the fact that some of the material is already publshed, albeit on a website rather than in another ebook, preclude me from enrolling it in KDP Select ?
Any thoughts much apprecaited
Peter
Yes, it does. You cannot have more than 10% available elsewhere, except in print. I had the same problem when I published my non-fiction book; it had already been available on my website, so I couldn't put it in select.

·
Registered
5,872 Posts
When I published my non-fiction to kdp, I was asked to prove that the copyright was mine. They had sent their little machine out to check for anything else and found my website.

You will probably need to do the same, but the fact remains, it cannot be exclusive to kdp.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts