Kindle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I'm a happy KK owner who is starting to get interested in a KDX. I've read the reviews here and am OK with issues of weight, page turn buttons, etc. that some reviewers have mentioned. But a few other things worry me a bit:

Am I correct in thinking the DX is like the K2 in not having a battery that the user can replace, and not accepting an SD card?

Several reviewers mentioned not being able to make notes. Does that mean you can't even make notes the way we can on a KK?

Several reviewers mentioned the lack of note-making and some other manipulations of PDFs might be fixed in the future--would those likely be software fixes that we could download onto our DX, or would we have to buy a new version of the DX?

I appreciate any light other Kindlers can shed on these questions.

·
Registered
5,981 Posts
It does not have a self replaceable battery or an SD memory card slot. You can make notes in books but apparently not in PDFs. No idea about the fixes.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
It however does hold 3500 books :)

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. weird about not being able to make notes regarding pdf material, since the notes aren't added to the document anyway (other than a number or index tab). That does make it inconvenient for readers who want to use it for work documents (that they will likely want to make notes about.)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts