·
Registered
1,578 Posts
lol, I haven't seen the packaging.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
LibraryGirl said:
Anyone else have the urge to heat up a Stouffer's family-sized lasagna as they were opening their new DX?
lol it does remind me of that

·
Super Moderator
67,487 Posts
The K1 packaging did look cool, but it was way excessive for the size of the product.  I think the K2 and DX packaging is a little more efficient while still protecting the device during shipping.

·
Registered
75 Posts
LoL now that you mention it...my K2 came yesterday and it did look like something my kids would throw in the microwave.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Ann in Arlington said:
The K1 packaging did look cool, but it was way excessive for the size of the product. I think the K2 and DX packaging is a little more efficient while still protecting the device during shipping.
I agree :)

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
Personally I loved the K2 packaging and it was part of what ultimately won me over since I wasn't so sure on the purchase.  But it really made me feel like part of some elite club.  The K1 packaging was just so gimmicky, like anything else you'd see in the store.  The K2/DX packaging is sleek, charming, and eco friendly.  I love the little details like the "Once upon a time..." on the pull strips and the beautiful falling letters on the black background.  Even the UPC code has little inspired touches.  It really made the Kindle seem that much more magical to me.  Maybe I'm a dork, but I absolutely loved my unboxing because of the packaging.  It shows that they really care about the device and are putting their all into making it a special experience.  I've heard people complain saying they wanted something innovative like ipod packaging... but I just don't see how a clear plastic case design inspired by something you'd find holding a pack of playing cards is innovative or even appealing.

That being said... I do see the lasagna connection ><

·
Registered
918 Posts
Or eggs

·
Registered
446 Posts
Scheherazade said:
Personally I loved the K2 packaging and it was part of what ultimately won me over since I wasn't so sure on the purchase. But it really made me feel like part of some elite club. The K1 packaging was just so gimmicky, like anything else you'd see in the store. The K2/DX packaging is sleek, charming, and eco friendly. I love the little details like the "Once upon a time..." on the pull strips and the beautiful falling letters on the black background. Even the UPC code has little inspired touches. It really made the Kindle seem that much more magical to me. Maybe I'm a dork, but I absolutely loved my unboxing because of the packaging. It shows that they really care about the device and are putting their all into making it a special experience. I've heard people complain saying they wanted something innovative like ipod packaging... but I just don't see how a clear plastic case design inspired by something you'd find holding a pack of playing cards is innovative or even appealing.

That being said... I do see the lasagna connection ><
I 100% agree.

Rachel

·
Registered
75 Posts
Scheherazade said:
Personally I loved the K2 packaging and it was part of what ultimately won me over since I wasn't so sure on the purchase. But it really made me feel like part of some elite club. The K1 packaging was just so gimmicky, like anything else you'd see in the store. The K2/DX packaging is sleek, charming, and eco friendly. I love the little details like the "Once upon a time..." on the pull strips and the beautiful falling letters on the black background. Even the UPC code has little inspired touches. It really made the Kindle seem that much more magical to me. Maybe I'm a dork, but I absolutely loved my unboxing because of the packaging. It shows that they really care about the device and are putting their all into making it a special experience. I've heard people complain saying they wanted something innovative like ipod packaging... but I just don't see how a clear plastic case design inspired by something you'd find holding a pack of playing cards is innovative or even appealing.
lol I didn't notice any of those details...I was so excited to open it, and I had an audience, I had talked about it so much as work that everyone wanted to see it, that I didn't notice anything until I finally saw the K2 staring up at me.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
OH wow I never thought of that but your right.. LOL.. how funny!

·
Registered
529 Posts
I think the K1 Packaging looks very different from the Ipod and the Iphone packaging... It looks just like a book, even has a spine lol... Amazon made it that way because the Kindle is a reading device... And they wanted to put that feeling of a "book" into the design... With the K2 and DX packaging, it kinda loses that feeling... Ya know what I mean?

·
Registered
918 Posts
MagicalWingLT said:
I think the K1 Packaging looks very different from the Ipod and the Iphone packaging... It looks just like a book, even has a spine lol... Amazon made it that way because the Kindle is a reading device... And they wanted to put that feeling of a "book" into the design... With the K2 and DX packaging, it kinda loses that feeling... Ya know what I mean?
Yeah, I love the K1 box. I have two! ;D

·
Registered
501 Posts
MagicalWingLT said:
I agree - the K1 packaging seemed charming, and added to the excitement of opening everything up!

Most electronic items I order come in some plain-Jane generic brown box packaging - boring!

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
I liked my K1 box.  I kept it. 
deb

·
Registered
140 Posts
I loved the K1 packaging. However, I love the K2/DX packaging even more, because there is serious through put into *every* detail. The shipping material is almost entirely post-consumer product. The whole package is eco-friendly, and can be recycled. I think that the new direction Amazon took is a way of emphasizing the ecological impact of the Kindle family. Part of the reason you buy a Kindle is so that you don't have to add to the mountain of paper that's wasted every day!

With the K2/DX, you get a beautiful package that is environmentally responsible, and it doesn't get any better than that! :)

I also totally get the frozen dinner vibe, though!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts