Kindle Forum banner

How many kindles are registered on your Amazon Account?

• 0 (Don't own a Kindle)

Votes: 2 2.9%

Votes: 44 64.7%

Votes: 18 26.5%
  • 3-4

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • 5-6

Votes: 1 1.5%
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I missed sharing books with my mother, so I bought her a Kindle for Christmas (registered to my account)  ;D 
I was curious if that was the exception or if more people were sharing books that way.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
My husband and I are on the same account.  He's a really picky reader.  I'll read almost anything but I am not a big sci-fi  fan.  Even thought we share an account, there's not a lot of book sharing going on.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I am the only one in my immediate and extended family to own a Kindle.  I share some tastes in books with my sisters but my husband and I do not have much reading material in common.  I bought the Kindle to keep my book stacks to a minimum.

·
Registered
19 Posts
My sister and I like a lot of the same books, and her new Kindle just arrived today.  So - I'll load it with all my books before I send it to her, wrapped in its Oberon Tree of Life cover.  (Yes, I really like my baby sister!)
Her Kindle will stay on my account, and we'll share books. She says she'll give me Amazon gift certificates!  Sounds like a good plan to me!  :D

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've always loved sharing books and it was the thing I missed most since getting a Kindle.

There is a guy at work who shares some of my interests in non-fiction/historical reading.  We often swap books.   So when I come across a book of the genre that I think will interest him, I will often still buy it in paper format just so we can still share.

Did some of you who don't share Kindle books once share pbooks with others?  

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
etiz said:
My sister and I like a lot of the same books, and her new Kindle just arrived today. So - I'll load it with all my books before I send it to her, wrapped in its Oberon Tree of Life cover. (Yes, I really like my baby sister!)
Her Kindle will stay on my account, and we'll share books. She says she'll give me Amazon gift certificates! Sounds like a good plan to me! :D
Have fun! When I loaded my books on my mom's Kindle, she didn't like not knowing what they were about before reading. So at the suggestion of another K user on another board, I copied and pasted the descriptions into a document for her to reference.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I'm the only one in my family that reads so just me and my Kindle. Noone to share with. But we enjoy our alone time together ;)

·
Registered
19 Posts
When I loaded my books on my mom's Kindle, she didn't like not knowing what they were about before reading. So at the suggestion of another K user on another board, I copied and pasted the descriptions into a document for her to reference.
That's a great idea, Boston! Thanks! I'll make a document/list like that for my sister!

·
Registered
447 Posts
I got my 1st Kindle December 2007.  A couple of months later I bought another one and gave it to my sister when she visited me in July.  Besides liking the same books, we like a lot of the same type of music, tv, movies and gadgets.

Come to think of it I got my sister her first IPod and it was a video one.  It's always more fun to share if you can do it.

I emailed to her Kindle the book order for Daniel Silva and Jan Burke.  I've only found a few authors that number the books in order. 

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
My daughter and I share an account. My niece wants one and when she gets hers, we are going to add her to the account. Marcy and I have added our credit cards to the account and when we want to buy books, we just go to Manage Your Kindle and apply the right card before buying. We have found that we primarily use the internet to buy books because it is easier to switch the cards around that way.

·
Registered
509 Posts
I bought our first Kindle in May for Mrs. Ten's birthday...this little device has made it possible for her to read again!  I started using it when she had finished and soon found that it's about as possible to share one Kindle as it is to share one print copy of a book. So later that month I bought one for myself. We have only shared three of the multitude of titles in our Kindle library.

·
Registered
5,981 Posts
My brother asked for a Sony e-reader for Christmas. He does not want to be tied to Amazon. No amount of explination was going to convince him that he was not going to be tied to Amazon. (shrugs)

·
Registered
383 Posts
Boston said:
Did some of you who don't share Kindle books once share pbooks with others?
This is the only drawback for me. My mom and I used to share a lot.
But she is not interested in the Kindle and I am not interested in reading DTBs.
I was thinking of getting her one anyway, but there are a few books I buy that I don't really want her to see ::)

·
Registered
679 Posts
Right now - just my Kindle on my account. However, I have a couple firends that I will add when they recieve their Kindles since we like some of the same books.

·
Registered
5,981 Posts
As someone who has watched way too much Judge Judy, I would be careful adding friends to your Kindle account. I am under the impression that everyone on the Kindle account has to use the same credit card. If this is correct, that means your friends will be buying books using your credit card.

Maybe you are making an agreement that they will provide gift cards and not spend more then the amount equal to the gift cards. I have no idea but I would make sure you have a clear, written agreement, regarding the purchases of books.

Imagines a Kindle case on Judge Judy. She will be so lost, she barely understands texting and the internet. An ebook case would blow her mind.

·
Registered
679 Posts
ProfCrash said:
As someone who has watched way too much Judge Judy, I would be careful adding friends to your Kindle account. I am under the impression that everyone on the Kindle account has to use the same credit card. If this is correct, that means your friends will be buying books using your credit card.

Maybe you are making an agreement that they will provide gift cards and not spend more then the amount equal to the gift cards. I have no idea but I would make sure you have a clear, written agreement, regarding the purchases of books.

Imagines a Kindle case on Judge Judy. She will be so lost, she barely understands texting and the internet. An ebook case would blow her mind.
Thanks for the concern, but it won't be an issue... and the Credit Card associated with my account (once they get on it) will be a PayPal debit card (and two of us already have access to it due to what that paypal account is for).

·
Registered
364 Posts
Lotus said:
It's just me registered. I don't have any friends/family that are close or that read. :(
The same with me, none of my family is instrested in the kindle. I glad because I don't know if I could trust them enough to let them on my account.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts