Kindle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could someone please give me the scoop on e-mail?

Before I ordered my Kindle, I asked a Kindle owner I met at jury duty if it was possible to use the Kindle for e-mail.  She said, yes, she'd checked hers twice that morning already.  I had been lusting after a Kindle for months but learning about the e-mail capability pushed me off the fence and I ordered mine the next day (my husband made it a Valentine's Day gift). 

I've read a lot of Kindle information here and elsewhere, but I can't find details about reading e-mail on the Kindle.  The only info I've seen is about e-mailing attachments to the Kindle for a 10-cent charge (or not!).

Will I be REALLY able to check my regular e-mail with my Kindle?  I am so in hopes I won't need to lug my heavy laptop everywhere (doctor appointments, etc.) just to keep up with e-mail.  The keyboard doesn't look comfy, but if I could just read my e-mail with the device, I'll be happy.

Thanks for being such a helpful group.  I love it here!

Bonnie

·
Registered
115 Posts
I've not found out a way to check my email on my kindle. (although I haven't tried that hard.) you might be better off just finding a way to check your email on your cell phone.

·
Registered
175 Posts
They have a web browser in the "experimental" section of the menu. I use it all the time to check my Yahoo email, it keeps me logged in. So, if you can check your email on the internet, you can check it on the Kindle.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
You can use the web browser to check web email with Kindle.  But, only mobile versions seem to work well (the special versions of web sites set up for smartphones, etc.).  You should set it to Advanced Mode, and enable Javascript in the browser settings.  The web stuff is kind of slow and clunky.  I would only use it as a last resort.  

·
Registered
790 Posts
I have used mine to check both the gmail and yahoo mail accounts I have.  As others have said, I go to the mobile version of those pages.  I'm sorry to say that I set it all up so many months ago that I just don't remember exactly how I made it work.  What SusanCassidy said about Advanced Mode and Javascript enabled sounds right.  I'm sure I just googled "set up email on Kindle" and went from there.  Good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts