Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Doesn't seem to be working. It's the same E-mail as the amazon account except @Kindle.com right?
I've had one e-mail returned to me and one is sending but not showing up on my Kindle. I'm attaching pdf document but also some mobi ones. Can I not attach more than one document at a time? Does it take a long time?

·
Registered
679 Posts
It will only be the same e-mail user name as the one for your Amazon account if you went in and set it that way. Otherwise, they may have given it a different on (usually your first name followed by a number). You can check the e-mail adress in "manage Your Kindle"

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Go into your Amazon account and double check the name. Mine was/is not the same as the name on my account.

Make sure you have included your email address in the list of authorized addresses (addresses who can send mail to your Kindle).

Make sure the Whispernet is turned on when you send the mail. Mail doesn't go into a queue it just disappears if the Whispernet is off.

You can send multiple attachments on one mail. It only takes a few seconds.

Report back, please.

L

I

·
0 Posts
The only time I tried it, I got a messsage on my Amazon Kindle page saying the email had no data files.  I just sent myself a "hi" mesage and never got it.

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
What Leslie said.

To check the email address, go to the Kindle Store, then Manage Your Kindle (you'll have to log in) and verify the email designated.  For example, mine is [email protected] changed it, can't remember what the automatically generated email was.

When you send something, try one thing at a time--I don't know if it matters.  You want to have the Whispernet on, everything I've sent has shown up fairly quickly.  There are many reports that if you don't have the Whispernet on when the email is sent to your Kindle, it disappears into the ether.

Hope this helps!

Betsy

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmm, the e-mail is correct and my e-mail adress is on the authorized list and Whispernet is on.
Hmm, I also keep clicking on "Check for new items" but nothing is showing up. Can the e-mail convert PDFs?
This is annoying :(

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Micdiddy said:
Hmm, the e-mail is correct and my e-mail adress is on the authorized list and Whispernet is on.
Hmm, I also keep clicking on "Check for new items" but nothing is showing up. Can the e-mail convert PDFs?
If it is a complex PDF it may very well fail. I've had that happen. PDF support is experimental. It is not a fully supported format.

L

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Betsy the Quilter said:
There are many reports that if you don't have the Whispernet on when the email is sent to your Kindle, it disappears into the ether.

Hope this helps!

Betsy
Dissapears completely or should I get an e-mail back saying it didn't send? Also, do I still get charged if it dissapears?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My whispernet is on but it has some connection problems at my place. It has two bars but when I press check for new items it says wireless connecting on the bottom left.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Micdiddy said:
Dissapears completely or should I get an e-mail back saying it didn't send? Also, do I still get charged if it dissapears?
No one that I have heard of has ever been charged the 10 cents, so don't worry about that.

One time I got an email saying the conversion failed.

Your other option is to download Mobipocket Creator and convert the file yourself.

L

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ah, it worked for one mobi formatted book I sent, yay though I could've just connected my Kindle. Maybe the PDFs I'm sending are too complicated.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Leslie said:
Your other option is to download Mobipocket Creator and convert the file yourself.

L
That's what it looks like I have to do.

·
Super Moderator
67,245 Posts
My experience has been that the MobiCreator does a better job on PDF's than sending it directly as a PDF attachment by e-mail.  If you still want to send it via Whispernet, you can do so after it's converted.

Ann

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Micdiddy said:
Try just sending one file on the email.

Betsy

I

·
0 Posts
No one that I have heard of has ever been charged the 10 cents, so don't worry about that.
I was looking at that last night and it said that there will be no charge until a $3.00 balance is built up. You have to send up to 30 files before they charge you the first time.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Betsy the Quilter said:
Try just sending one file on the email.

Betsy
That worked with a mobi file but not with a pdf. I downloaded Mobi Creator, now I just need to figure out how to use it.

·
Registered
12,250 Posts
I send 2 items to my Kindle, but those where already in correct format from mobile reference. They got there instantly. I am just amazed at how fast it is. I bought a book and literally counted the seconds and I couldn't even count to 6-7 and it was downloaded.

I do have 5 bars where I am at. I wonder if you have low connectivity if that can affect the conversion process.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Remember that you are sending an attachment (like a Word doc). It won't take the actual email (at least it won't on mine).

Steve

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Atunah said:
I do have 5 bars where I am at. I wonder if you have low connectivity if that can affect the conversion process.
I'm sure it does :(

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Vampyre said:
I was looking at that last night and it said that there will be no charge until a $3.00 balance is built up. You have to send up to 30 files before they charge you the first time.
I have sent dozens of files to my Kindle and have never been charged 10 cents or $3.00 or anything else. And I have never heard of anyone else being charged, either.

L

1 - 20 of 59 Posts