Votes: 30 41.7%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am curious as to how you guys feel about the EE Hunt after reading through the thread. Would love to hear your thoughts and why you feel the way you do.  :)

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Now I can say it was fun but looking back...it was maddening! Actually, I when I pmd Harvey I mentioned that I didn't have the greatest childhood and had never hunted for Easter eggs. This was my first and I really had a great time searching for them. :)

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
I found it frustrating even though I was searching back well into March, I only found three eggs before quitting. Not that I think it shouldn't be done again, because many enjoyed it and had a good time, just that it isn't for me. Next time I'll know not to try. One should aware of their limitations, don't you think?

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
I found it incredibly frustrating, but I think that is just me.  I hate to lose but I love a challenge.  5 days of searching tipped my "challenge" factor way too far into the "hate to lose" category.  Truth be told, I never would have found the final 3 without an excellent clue from a friend in a PM.  I thank them because they saved my sanity.  :)

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Fun AND frustrating - I'm not done yet and at this point I suspect I might as well throw in the towel - 4 & 5 are most likely buried even deeper and even the clue this morning didn't help - nothing that I thought made sense took me to a board where I hadn't already found an egg.   

What was even more maddening was I found my first egg before I knew what it was - hadn't read about the hunt & just though "What they hey...???"  Had to go back to find it once I read about the hunt.  I've attacked it every way I know how, and still no joy on those last two.  But it was interesting & I did go to areas of the boards I've never been to before.  Great job, cute eggs & titles!

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
I found it to be great fun.  I did have some difficulty finding a couple of the eggs but for some reason when I started I not only wrote down the code word but also the thread I found it in.  I also didn't think that there would be multiple eggs in a particular board but did spend time looking at multiple threads just to make sure.  I think that anyone still looking should remember when the original announcement for the egg hunt was posted, the eggs themselves are very obvious.  I think that this could be a fun way for the forum to keep everyone reading some of the earlier threads perhaps in a scavenger hunt with clues for each item.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
I had a lot of fun looking for them.  I went onto boards and read posts that I had either forgotten about or never read.  I found a post that was addressing me personally that I had never read before.  It was before I knew how to fully explore the Boards.  I finally ended up using an unconventional way to find them all, but it worked for me.
Thanks Harvey and mods for keeping the Boards interesting and interactive.
deb

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
It was fun......though some were a bit frustrating toward the end........I felt the eggs should have been within the first page of a thread....would have made it easier. Pg. 16 on one was waaaayyy too far back. ;)

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
If it had been easy what we would have had to talk about for the last 3 days?  LOL. 
deb

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
pomlover2586 said:
It was fun......though some were a bit frustrating toward the end........I felt the eggs should have been within the first page of a thread....would have made it easier. Pg. 16 on one was waaaayyy too far back. ;)
Yes, #2 was hard to find. I did like it though. :)

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
I found it frustrating...if I had the first clue before I found them it would have helped a lot.  I found them all before the clues and it took me all day of doing nothing else to find them.  Drove me crazy because I can't give up!!!

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
I finally found all of them, but only after the clue that there was only one in each board. It was frustrating and fun.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Does anyone else get the feeling that we're a bit obsessive?

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
drenee said:
Does anyone else get the feeling that we're a bit obsessive?
Yes, has anyone noticed how quiet the accessories board has been this week? That's because something else has been occupying our compulsion!

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
KindleKay (aka #1652) said:
Yes, has anyone noticed how quiet the accessories board has been this week? That's because something else has been occupying our compulsion!
Maybe we saved some money the last few days. Off to buy books with the savings. :)

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Obsessive?  I figured that out after the first 5 minutes of lurking so many months ago.  I think that's one of the reasons I fit in so well here :) .

I thought the hunt was fun; I love a challenge.  Actually I thought it was pretty easy.  I had a plan of attack and was lucky that it seemed to work for me.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.