Kindle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm wondering if there is an easy way to transfer all of the samples I've downloaded on my K1 onto my K2.  I've got over 250 samples to get on my K2 and I would prefer not to have to do it one by one.  Anybody know?  Thanks!!

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Use the USB cord, drag & drop to your PC, then drag and drop to the Documents folder (assuming it has the same setup) on the new Kindle.

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
I transfered mine to my SD card. When I get my K2 I'll just plug it into my computer and add them. I got into the habit of moving the new samples to the SD card about once a week when my first kindle died and I lost them all.

You can also hook your kindle 1 up to the computer and go into the documents folder. Then you can copy the files to your desktop and then transfer to K2

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
marianner said:
Note that you have to have an SD reader on your computer, or an external one, for this to work. Sorry if that's a big "duh" to you, but not everyone understands this stuff very well :)
That's a good duh! I didn't even think about that. I'm not sure if I have one or not. Now that I think about it, I don't think I do. Argh! Guess I'll try the other tips.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts