Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had the MOST AWFUL eBay experience in my life. I recently sold some things to a few people on there, and I think I made a human mistake by accidentally having switched two items. So, I went ahead and messaged the two people I think I mixed up items with, and one of them was EXTREMELY nice, while the other was completely ripped off my head. She told me that it was my fault, and that she will not ship the item back to me, and she wants a full refund for it all. Of course, I can't do that because I need to switch the two items. So, I told her that I would be willing to compensate the shipping in order for her to ship it back and then if I get the item she wanted back I'd be happy to ship it to her. But of course, she doesn't want that. She wants compensation for shipping the
"shit"
back + full refund of the item and its original shipping + the original item she won. I finally decided that I would just give her a full refund and compensation for shipping the mixed up item back. I'd be losing a lot more money, if I did what she asked for. I've never had this horrible of a customer. I'm so frustrated. Not to mention she was screaming cuss words from so many directions and insulting me by calling me "daft" and so many other words. I just needed to vent. I can't deal with her. Not to mention she posed so many threats to me, such as filing disputes against me for doing the right thing. I don't think I did anything wrong.

·
Registered
860 Posts
I'm sorry, Annie.  That stinks.  Everyone makes mistakes and you were making it right.  I don't understand why some people are so rude. 

Better luck next time.  :-*

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Too bad you can't give negative feedback on the buyer back on ebay.  My daughter sells on ebay and is very frustrated that the buyer can write negative feedback about you but you can't write anything about the buyer.  I don't know why they changed their feedback policy.  This just doesn't seem fair. I"d make sure you don't sell to her in the future.    

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Some people are just butts.  

I'm a lot more mellow than in my younger days.  Somewhere along the way I learned stuff happens and people make mistakes, getting mad and pissy about it never makes it better and leaves one feeling like an ass afterwards.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
She's refusing to give the item back now, and it was more expensive too. *sigh* I don't want to have to give out a refund to the other customer. I'm barely feeding myself for the week as it is now. I don't want to have to dig into my savings or beg for money out of my parents.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
I had a feeling that was why she was being a PITA, she knew what she got was worth more and she was going to keep it. That sucks. Can you take it to arbitration or whatever ebay is calling it now? She really needs to return the item since you gave her a refund.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't know what I'm supposed to do. I've never been in this situation before. Even if I spoke to eBay or even PayPal about it, they would most likely favor the buyer as they always do.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Rasputina said:
I had a feeling that was why she was being a PITA, she knew what she got was worth more and she was going to keep it. That sucks. Can you take it to arbitration or whatever ebay is calling it now? She really needs to return the item since you gave her a refund.
I think that you should take this to the resolution center in ebay. That way you can get a 3rd party in the there. I am not sure her refusal to return property that she did not purchase is even legal. You had a contract of sorts with her to provide what she ordered for the price she paid, and she is not returning the goods when you made all good faith efforts to fix it.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Sorry to hear about that, I'm not a big fan of ebay, too many unreasonable people there (there are good people there, I just happen to deal with all the bad ones :()

·
Registered
856 Posts
Aww Annie, sorry you are having a lousy experience with that buyer. I must say in five years I have only had one bad experience where I paid for an item and never received it. The seller did not have it in his possession and was trying to buy it to send to me  ???  :eek:.

If it doesn't cost you anything to take her to arbritation, take her. You might not be the first buyer she has mistreated.

We are all human and make mistakes and you did the right thing in trying to remedy yours.

·
Super Moderator
67,246 Posts
I don't know from e-bay, but, in general:

If a merchant/business sends you something you did not request, you are under no obligation to either pay for it or return it.

If you ordered something and it is not delivered, you have no obligation to pay for it.

Not sure exactly how those two things reconcile when you order something and receive the wrong product, but reputable businesses will usually do what they can to make you whole and sometimes offer something for your trouble.  Because they (the business) made the mistake, it may be that they can not compel you to return the wrong item; they ought to either refund the money for the item actually ordered or send the proper item.

I believe these are consumer protection policies that apply to licensed businesses; I have no idea how or if they apply to Ebay transactions.  And of course the devil is in the details if there are, in fact, problems.

All that said, there is never a good reason for rude behavior.

·
Registered
201 Posts
http://forum.purseblog.com/ebay-forum/

This link is obviously about purses, and I don't know what you sold, but there are a lot of very experienced e-bayers here who may be able to give you some advice no matter what the item was. Let them know what happened and see if someone can help you out. Of course, e-bay (and Paypal if they were involved) gets final word. I sure as heck wouldn't send the original item until you know what your options are. You are definitely not the only person who has done this! Good luck!

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
If enough people complain ebay can ban her account. Is it so hard for her to get off her a$$ and put the item back in the mailbox? I mean really. Where is common decency? She got her money back for the item.

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
So sorry this happened to you, Annie. Maybe it makes this rude woman feel important when she acts hateful to people. I don't have much experience with eBay, but maybe if you contact them they will be able to sugest something helpful.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Annie, I am so very sorry this happened to you.  Ebay can be a wonderful place, but all it takes is one person to ruin Ebay for many people.  I have had an experience like you describe, only I was the buyer. I simply returned the item and eventually it was made right.  Not a biggie. 

Somehow I think that Karma comes into play here.  Hopefully you can resolve this thru the Ebay resolution center.  However, good things don't happen to people who are dishonest and hateful.  God's blessings to you.  I trust it works out for you. 

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
ladyknight33 said:
... I have only had one bad experience where I paid for an item and never received it. The seller did not have it in his possession and was trying to buy it to send to me ??? :eek:.
Annie - I'm sorry for your experience as well. I too would encourage you to check out the resolution process. What this buyer is doing is completely unfair and unreasonable.

Others - I had the experience that ladyknight described and when I complained in feedback, the seller turned right around and complained that I had not read the terms of the auction/sale and it was my fault. Since then they have discontinued sellers leaving negative feedback.

I can certainly see it both ways.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thank you to everyone who posted and for your words of encouragement. We concluded that when the other buyer replies, I will offer him a refund for the item she is keeping. But to me, that's just another sale out the door. I seriously don't want to deal with it anymore, so I'm just going to let it go. It was a total of about $60 loss, but I can't stand another minute of this lady. Not only has she been impeccably rude to me, but I can't seem to do anything to make her happy unless she gets what she wants. Apparently, she's had problems like this before, because she mentioned it to me in one of her PMs. The sellers that made the same mistake as I did, she demanded the same from them. I feel sorry for those poor sellers. If I knew who they were, I bet we could ban together and probably get her kicked out, but wouldn't she just be able to make another account?

On a side note, I kind of like that you can't leave negative if you're the buyer because it prevents bad ratings. The seller is supposed to make the buyer happy. That's what I was trying to do, but I think she might give me negative feedback. That's what I hate is that sellers can't defend themselves by leaving a buyer negative feedback.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Annie--

If you haven't already forwarded the refund to her, don't.  As someone else said, get onto Ebay & work through the system.  Dig around in the Policies section of the Answer Center (under community). There are possible solutions through Ebay and Paypal that **may** help.

While both Ebay and Paypal are very buyer friendly, sellers aren't completely left out to dry.  It's worth at least taking a look.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts