Kindle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've never been a hater of Smashwords. I've always gotten through the Meatgrinder and into Premium with no problems (even with illustrated books!), and was grateful to have a way to get into B&N, since Aussies are PubIt outcasts.
But I've been seeing new options come up that are looking appealing. Draft2Digital looks promising, and I've seen people here talk vaguely about other options (without actually naming them).

I'd love to know what all the options are, and what experiences people are having with them. Specifically those outside the US who want access to channels they wouldn't otherwise be able to get, and ease of payment for internationals as well. For example, could I use Direct2Digital for Kindle and get paid by paypal? Because banking those foreign cheques, dear god, it means I have to leave the house.

Anyone have experience on how fast the other services are at making changes? I'm one of those panicky writers who's always changing my mind. In Select, out of Select, all channels, few channels, price up, price down (I'll get my act together eventually, I hope!). Smashwords is just a bit slow for my complete lack of patience. 

·
Registered
8,665 Posts
There's also XinXii. They've got a store of their own and distribute to B&N and Spanish retailer Casa del Libro without an ISBN and to a couple of other stores including iTunes, German retailer Weltbild and a bunch of others, if you have an ISBN.

Customer service is good and quick to respond and they offer payment via Paypal. Plus, no meatgrinder and "Smashwords edition" stuff required - you can upload your formatted epub, mobi and PDF files.

·
Registered
8,665 Posts
XinXii itself isn't usually good for more than a handful of sales for English language fiction, though my German language books sell better there. Business and advice non-fiction also seems to do decently there, based upon their bestseller lists.

The distribution options are pretty good, though, and include a number of channels that Smashwords doesn't distribute to.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.