Kindle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
I'm currently on the Honor Harrington series, got them there, and they work perfectly. I had to download them to my computer and put them on via usb, but I've read 10 of them so far with no problems.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Danariel said:
I'm currently on the Honor Harrington series, got them there, and they work perfectly. I had to download them to my computer and put them on via usb, but I've read 10 of them so far with no problems.
I am in the same position - about 10 to 11 books into the Honor Harrington series. I found BAEN browsing for free books, principally looking for John Ringo books. I tried the HH Series as the first one or two were free - and their philosophy of getting a reader hooked with a free book or two worked great with me.

I had one book sent via the kindle link but all the others were downloaded to my computer - both because it was easier and because I can back them up that way.

Robert

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
RJC5XTC said:
I had one book sent via the kindle link but all the others were downloaded to my computer - both because it was easier and because I can back them up that way.
You can copy the book off your Kindle to your computer for backup, if you want. Sorry if this is totally obvious.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I bought more than $150 worth of e-books from them -- all the Ring of Fire series and the back 'Grantville Gazette' issues, as the complete Belisarius series and Spider Robinson's Stardancer omnibus -- and loaded them on my Kindle 2; I'd already downloaded 1632, 1633, and the first three Belisarius novels from the Baen Free Library and read them. When you buy the e-books you specify what format you want them in, then if you're not having them sent wirelessly to your Kindle you get an email with a download link to a zipfile containing zipfiles for each of the books you bought.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts