Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you like Disney? How about art nouveau? If you're looking to add to your Kindle's custom screensavers, the following images might be right up your alley!

In the spring of 2008, Disney unveiled the "Nouveau Collection," elegant designs inspired by classic art nouveau paintings. Available on journals, trinket boxes, faux stained glass suncatchers, and apparel, this re-imagining of some of Disney's most popular princesses was a welcome change from the typically youth-oriented items sold at the Disney Store... but the series vanished almost as quickly as it appeared.

However, I've resurrected this delightful collection for use with your Kindle! Each screensaver file is grayscale and 600x800 in size.

If you need help adding (or removing) custom screensavers from your Kindle, this guide tells you everything you need to know.

Cleaning up and formatting these pictures took longer than you might think, so I ask that you please don't alter or redistribute them. Thank you, and enjoy! :)

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You're very welcome, everybody! I'm glad you like them.  ;D  I thought these pictures were just gorgeous (and that they would look lovely on a Kindle screen), and I'm happy that I'm not the only one. I agree with MonaSW: it's a shame that the merchandise went off the market.

B

·
0 Posts
May I add one? Robin Goodfellow asked me to make a screensaver out of her favorite Belle still.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nicely done, Bacardi Jim -- and very appropriate for a book lover! ;D

Other than her face as part of a princess collage on a "Nouveau Collection" women's top, poor Belle didn't get any art nouveau love, which is too bad; I'd really like to see an addition to the series featuring her that was based on something like Mucha's "Topaz" or "Reverie."

B

·
0 Posts
Thanks for letting me jump into your thread, Jess.  Your screensavers are simply gorgeous.  I only tossed mine in because... well.. you know why.  It was Disney and appropriate.  And I have diarrhea of the fingers. ;)

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
These are fantastic, Jess.  I don't know if it's sad, or just a depiction of my mental state, but I have most of these screen savers on clothes.  But they look awesom as screen savers, and I'm so glad you put them up here.

Bacardi Jim knows he's the single most fantastic imaginary friend I have.  Thanks for popping Belle in here so other people can appreciate Larry Nikolai's art as well.  It looks amazing as a screen-saver.  It's my very favorite.

Happy Tuesday!

~robin

·
Registered
77 Posts
Ok, ignorant question #12 here- how do we get copies of the images to put them on our Kindles?
???

·
Registered
455 Posts
I don't want to rain on anyone's parade, and I'm totally unsure what the policy is, since these images are retired, but you want to be very, very careful with Disney images. They are very protective of their copyright - as they should be.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm not a day care center profiting from the use of Disney's images, ScrappingForever, so I think I'm okay. ;) Thanks for your concern, though.

Theresa57, just right-click on a picture and select "Save as..." (or something similar; depending on your browser, your mileage may vary), save the file to your computer, and then follow these instructions to get the picture on your Kindle.

Remember, though, that Amazon has stated that altering the Kindle's screensavers voids the warranty. More information can be found here!

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I'm not a day care center profiting from the use of Disney's images
I believe you'll find they don't care if you're profiting from the use of their images or not. rofl, on the other hand, when they find out that I had a hand in this, they won't be surprised, and may well decide that discretion is the better part of valor. Or at least that it just isn't worth the argument this time. Disney and I go way way back on issues of domain and ownership, and also inventory control and finders keepers. and in the interest of full disclosure, I also copied the images to put on my kindle when I get home.

My boss gets so touchy when I do stuff like that at work. Honestly.

B

·
0 Posts
I'm old enough to remember the huge brouhaha that developed when an enterprising man created and sold t-shirts depicting Mickey Mouse giving Iran the finger. ;)

1 - 20 of 69 Posts