Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to take a minute and introduce us. I'm Heather. I live in Maryland, have 4 kids, 5 cats, 2 dogs and 1 husband. I'm a stay at home, homeschooling Mom, who waitresses part time to get away from the craziness. I got my first Kindle on March 21st (which I remember because it happens to be my youngest daughter's birthday) after waiting for about 4 weeks. I had to get a 2nd one several months ago after my screen broke. Before the 2nd one showed up, he named himself Edgar. Edgar and his presecesser Kendall have been my constant companions since we met.

I'm a Kindle-cessory addict. I have 1 Medge leisure jacket, 3 Medge Leather Covers (the Edgar suits) and sssshhh.. a "her abstraction" Decal Girl Skin..yes, Edgar is in pink to his total horror, but he matches my ipod and cell phone (also constant companions)

I currently have 21 pages of books and samples..More books than samples I believe. If I'm not reading a book on Edgar, I'm listening to one on my ipod.

Can't wait to "meet" you all!

Heather
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
829 Posts
Hi Heather!  Woo Hoo - someone else with more cats than me!  YEY!!

You and Edgar will love it here!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,581 Posts
Hello Heather and Edgar!!! There is something to be said about a man who wears pink...he's very self assured ;-)

Speaking of samples....does anyone else go sample crazy like me???? We know that Heather does but does anyone else?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
829 Posts
chynared21 said:
Hello Heather and Edgar!!! There is something to be said about a man who wears pink...he's very self assured ;-)

Speaking of samples....does anyone else go sample crazy like me???? We know that Heather does but does anyone else?
I have TONS of samples..... so I won't forget I was interested in it at one point.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
165 Posts
Welcome Heather and Edgar!

I can't help it - every time I hear the name Edgar I think of the Malt-O-Meal commercial:

"Edgar...  this is your tummy Edgar...."

LOL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
731 Posts
Welcome Heather! Always nice to see another Marylander around here. (I'm in Germantown). Virginia Kindlers outnumber us by quite a lot. Have fun exploring this board of uncontrollable growth!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
19,280 Posts
Hi Heather, welcome! And welcome to Edgar, too. Sir Sterndale Bennett is telling me he's a little shocked at the idea of Edgar being dressed in pink....LOL

L
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,465 Posts
Welcome; four?  want two more; I'll sell them cheap?..  Tell your little Pisces she's got a friend in me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
49 Posts
Hi Heather!

SAHM and homeschooler here in FL.  This is our 11th year of homeschooling.  I understand the getting out of the house thing.  I don't have a "real" job, but I do escape the crazies with my kindle to sit in Starbucks as often as I can!

I'm new here too.  I don't have as many accessories as you and this place sure has increased my book buying.  Yikes!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,879 Posts
ShellyD said:
Hi Heather!

SAHM and homeschooler here in FL. This is our 11th year of homeschooling. I understand the getting out of the house thing. I don't have a "real" job, but I do escape the crazies with my kindle to sit in Starbucks as often as I can!

I'm new here too. I don't have as many accessories as you and this place sure has increased my book buying. Yikes!
What do you mean you don't have a "real" job... being a SAHM is a job in itself and to homeschool, too?? Girl, you have a full-time job and then some... I admire you! :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
49 Posts
Thanks Angela!

I've got a chip on my shoulder at the moment.  My dh is self employed and business is waaaaay down.  I've been looking for a job but haven't been employed in 16 years.  Even Wal-Mart has turned me down. So even though I'm working at home like a fiend, the lack of a "real" job in 16 years is kicking my butt.

Okay, knocking the chip off my shoulder now :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,465 Posts
ShellyD:  The economy is to blame more than the 16 years thing.  Our help wanted ads in the local journal are usually two full pages front and back.  Yesterday's paper...17 ads total; one tiny column's worth.  I was a SAHM for most of my years returning to the work force 5 years ago; I found a job. I really do think it's the economy.  Best of luck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,311 Posts
Welcome Aboard Heather, Glad to meet you. Looks like your hands are full with all your kritters...glad Kindle can give you some reading adventure in there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
sjc said:
Welcome; four? want two more; I'll sell them cheap?.. Tell your little Pisces she's got a friend in me.
Hah! I'd sell off one or two of these guys if it meant more money for Kindle Books!

ShellyD said:
Hi Heather!

SAHM and homeschooler here in FL. This is our 11th year of homeschooling. I understand the getting out of the house thing. I don't have a "real" job, but I do escape the crazies with my kindle to sit in Starbucks as often as I can!

I'm new here too. I don't have as many accessories as you and this place sure has increased my book buying. Yikes!
This is our 6th year homeschooling. I gave up Starbucks for Kindle books. I'm down to once a week on Co-op Days.

Don't worry, you'll catch up with the accessories. And homeschooling kids is a job! Trust me! (My waitress job is just free time and Kindle/gymnastics money)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,581 Posts
ShellyD said:
Thanks Angela!

I've got a chip on my shoulder at the moment. My dh is self employed and business is waaaaay down. I've been looking for a job but haven't been employed in 16 years. Even Wal-Mart has turned me down. So even though I'm working at home like a fiend, the lack of a "real" job in 16 years is kicking my butt.

Okay, knocking the chip off my shoulder now :)
Hopefully things will turn around soon Shelly.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,879 Posts
Sorry to hear job search is going badly... Here in NE Texas, there are "now hiring" signs everywhere... all kinds of jobs, nobody applying!
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top