Kindle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow writers,

I'm wondering if anyone would want to swap manuscripts for mutual editing, or beta-reading/feedback? I need a second set of eyes on my completed manuscript, and would love someone to go through and help spot typos, and give some feedback on the content. I can't afford an editor, but I've already edited so much myself. Does anyone else have a completed manuscript, in need of a read-through by another write/proofreader? Although neither of us have the time to truly edit a manuscript, we could take inventory of the content, and provide feedback.

Anyone interested in this exchange is welcome to leave a message here, or send me a PM. I like romance, historical fiction, contemporary fantasy, and more.

G

·
It couldn't hurt to have another beta for the third book of the Rose series... how long is yours, and what's it about? Mine is fantasy about an epic female warrior, like Beowulf but with more damage soak. There is a fair romance element, but it's violent (the story not the romance) - also I don't really want to do an in-depth line edit, more just feedback on the content, but I'd definitely point out any typos that catch my eye and I wouldn't be looking for a line edit myself.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Hey, the next thing I'm working on isn't even close to done, but I'd be happy to help out anyway.  I know how hard it can be to find people willing to take the time to edit my stuff too.  Can't promise it will be perfect, but I'd do my best and I'm usually pretty decent at it.  I'll read just about everything (although, I do get a little embarrassed about sex scenes so probably wouldn't say much about those except typos- it's not that I don't like em, I'm just kind of shy about that stuff) and I'd try to be as honest as I could.  If you already have people to switch with that's great, but I thought your thread was a good idea and wanted to support you even if I don't have anything to trade for the next month or so!  Hopefully lots of people want to trade and it can be a permanent thread for beta readers and editing!  Let me know if you want me to take a crack at yours!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts