Kindle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to edit the categories that my story is listed under, as I apparently made an error when I uploaded it. I went to the "Edit Book Details" page, and it shows me the categories that my book is listed under, but there is no option to change or add categories. Can one of you wise people tell me how to do this?

·
Registered
76 Posts
jnfr said:
I need to edit the categories that my story is listed under, as I apparently made an error when I uploaded it. I went to the "Edit Book Details" page, and it shows me the categories that my book is listed under, but there is no option to change or add categories. Can one of you wise people tell me how to do this?
Under #3 on that page there should be an "Add Categories" button. Looks like this:

If you're not seeing that, try reloading the page. If you're still not seeing it, try a different browser. And if that doesn't work, you'll probably need to e-mail Amazon.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wanted to update this, since I figured out the problem. I am using Firefox 4.0.1, the most recent version as of this date. For other reasons, I was trying to clear my browser cache, and through I tried several times I couldn't do it. The screen would gray out, and FF became unusable, but the cache didn't clear. This is not my personal problem, since I found several threads on the issue when I Googled it.

Anyway, I used a recommended software program called CCleaner to clear my FF cache. Apparently the cache was twice the reported size and beyond the set size limit in my Options. Took an hour to clear it too. But once I did, the Add Categories buttons returned in my KDP Edit Book Details page.

So I am good, and hope nothing so weird ever happens to you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts