Kindle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For anyone who wants to change the title or Metadata on Kindle books they download outside of Amazon (or even from Amazon), you need Mobi2Mobi GUI.

(Note: This was originally in the free books thread but was spun off by one of the mods into its own thread.)

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
CS said:
For anyone who wants to change the title or Metadata on Kindle books they download outside of Amazon (or even from Amazon), you need Mobi2Mobi GUI.
Huh.....I know that you can change the metadata on Calibre, but I don't know if it will change the metadata on .azw files from Amazon. That would be cool if it did!!! Has anyone tried this???

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
KindleKay (aka #1652) said:
Huh.....I know that you can change the metadata on Calibre, but I don't know if it will change the metadata on .azw files from Amazon. That would be cool if it did!!! Has anyone tried this???
I've never gotten metadata changes on ANY file to work with Calibre. I can see the changes on Calibre, but not on the Kindle itself. What am I doing wrong?

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Really?  I change stuff ALL the time!  Just click on "edit metadata" change what you want to change on the upper left side.  I then usually try to download the cover on the lower right side if it isn't there and then I click OK.  Then I convert it to .mobi then I move it to my Kindle.  Simple and straightforward.  Not sure what yours is doing??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts