Kindle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was tinkering with the idea of making some screensaver pictures, I hope I can figure out how to actually get them on my kindle eventually lol, but I thought I would post some of the pics I took at the Edward Gorey house. Feel free to comment if I posted this incorrectly :) Now I am going to work on some pics on my kitties and my greyhound.

Edward Gorey was a strange one but I loved all the odd bits about his home.

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Very cool pics!  Some would make great screensavers for the Kindle.  I feel kinda stupid though, who is Edward Gorey?  ??? I could search, I know, and maybe I',m the only one who doesn't know, but just in case...  ::)

Betsy

G

·
Gorey was a comic artist and illustrator.  He created (along with many other things) The Addams Family in a series of comic panels.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
385 Posts
V. cool, scathach. I like his sense of humor ... at least I hope that is all tongue in cheek. I thought the lye bottle was made into a soap dispenser at first glance. *light bulb* hmmm.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Gorey just had the most weirdest things in his home.  I have a picture of a hatchet on the kitchen mantle next to a cute wooden cat thing... just seemed strange to have a hatchet in the kitchen so I had to take a picture of it.  It was definitely a great place to visit if your up on the Cape

·
Super Moderator
67,324 Posts
Scathach said:
Edward Gorey was an illustrator who did really unique artwork, he is probably most known for doing the artwork for the show Mystery which as on PBS when I was a kid.
Still is!!

Ann

·
Registered
186 Posts
Scathach said:
Edward Gorey was an illustrator who did really unique artwork, he is probably most known for doing the artwork for the show Mystery which as on PBS when I was a kid. He wrote and illustrated very strange but interesting books, I just came across that you can read some of them on google books:

http://books.google.com/books?hl=en&id=uQe2a18Ly6wC&dq=edward+gorey&printsec=frontcover&source=web&ots=KOXDxRS6tC&sig=F9SuvFe06HBmiD_TXHkiKE8A7Ow&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=16&ct=result#PPT15,M1
Thanks for the link, Scathach.

·
Registered
2 Posts
:eek:  great pictures!!

I've been an Edward Gorey fan since I was a kid - inherited drawings and first editions of some of his books,
which were well fought over by my brother and I.

Thanks for posting!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts