Kindle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first novel, Familiar Origins, was picked up by Silver Leaf Books and is available not only through Kindle, but in trade paperback as well. Do you like stories about dragons and magic? Are you a fantasy buff? Looking for a respite from vampires and werewolves? If you are, then take a look at my book. And if you aren't...would you pretty please take a look at my book? Below is the link to the kindle page, complete with sample chapters and Amazon reviews. (By the way- my Goodreads reviews have also been excellent. 5-star average so far! ;D )

Here is my Kindleboards book profile: http://www.kboards.com/book/?asin=B004K1EYG6

Read on for a rundown of the book series:

In a universe where dragons are supreme sentient beings, divination rituals and knowledge of human magical evolution has led to the belief that eight humans will be born with extraordinary supernatural abilities that will give them the power to challenge dragons. Divided into two factions-the Draca Debellos: conquerors of worlds to fuel their powerful magic, and the Draca Tueri: protectors of the worlds and their sentient beings-they tirelessly search for these gifted children to train and bond with to help in their eternal struggle and attempt to end their tenuous deadlock.

The Draca are aware of how dangerously powerful they are. But they are also aware that their Creator has worked into the nature of the universe an anomaly-a balancing feature that can lead to the extinction of the entire dragon race.

The key to overcoming the balance between Draca and the key to victory lies in the existence of these eight special humans. These humans have different combinations of powers based on the existing types of magic-psychic talents, spellcasting abilities, spiritual summoning, and elemental control. Beyond their magical abilities, what makes these eight particular humans so special is their unique ability to bond with dragons in a way that could provide both dragon and human with powers and benefits yet unknown by either race.

Both Draca factions wish for nothing more than to bond with one of these special humans and tilt the balance of power in their favor. After centuries of searching and waiting, these eight predestined humans have now all been born-humans with the power to challenge the Draca and hold the fate of the world within their hearts and minds.

Familiar Origins introduces the epic struggle between Draca factions and their search for the predestined humans. Follow the adventures, struggles, and development of these humans who have their innocence shattered at a tender age while trying to learn to live under the influence of powerful beings wishing to use them for their own ends, and growing up in a world of tragedy and horror, betrayal and deception.

As I mentioned before, sample chapters are available on the book's Kindleboards page. Go check it out! And thanks for reading!

B.

·
Super Moderator
67,350 Posts
Welcome to KindleBoards and congratulations on your book!

(If you've gotten this welcome before, it's just as a matter of housekeeping. We like to put a copy of the "welcome letter" in each book thread. It doesn't mean you've done anything wrong, it just helps us know that you know the rules.)

A brief recap of our rules follows:

--We invite you to use your book cover as your avatar and have links to your book and website in your signature. Instructions are posted here

--Please bookmark this thread (using your browser's bookmark/favorite function) so you can update it as we ask that authors have only one thread per book and add to it when there is more information. You may start a separate thread for each book (or you may have one thread per series of books, or one thread for all of your books, it's your choice).

--While you may respond to member posts to your thread at any time, you may only bump your thread (back-to-back posts by you) once every seven days. Once you've responded to a member, that resets the clock to zero and you must wait seven days to post, unless another member posts before then.

--We ask that Amazon reviews not be repeated here as they are easy to find at your book link. Also, full reviews from other sites should not be posted here, but you may post a short blurb and a link to the full review instead.

--Although self-promotion is limited to the Book Bazaar, our most successful authors have found the best way to promote their books is to be as active throughout KindleBoards as time allows. This is your target audience--book lovers with Kindles! Please note that putting link information in the body of your posts constitutes self promotion; please leave your links for your profile signature that will automatically appear on each post. For information on more ways to promote here on KindleBoards, be sure to check out this thread:
Authors: KindleBoards Tips & FAQ.

All this, and more, is included in our Forum Decorum. Be sure to check it from time to time for the current guidelines and rules.

Oh, and one more thing: be sure to check out the index threads at the top of the Book Bazaar. . . .there are details there about how you can be listed so that our readers can find you.

Thanks for being part of KindleBoards! Feel free to send us a PM if you have any questions.

Betsy & Ann
Book Bazaar Moderators

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you, Colin. Good luck to you too!

I just completed my book trailer. The link is below:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yay! The publisher has lowered the price of my book! See the announcement below:

Familiar Origins, the award-winning debut fantasy book by B. Pine, is on sale in Kindle format.
Amazon is now offering the Kindle version for 99 cents for the month of December. Familiar Origins, the first book of the Draca Wards Saga fantasy series, has won two 2012 Royal Dragonfly Book Awards. Plights, the sequel to Familiar Origins, is scheduled to be released in February 2013 in both print and digital formats.

Here is the Amazon link: http://www.amazon.com/Familiar-Origins-Draca-Wards-ebook/dp/B004K1EYG6/ref=tmm_kin_title_0?ie=UTF8&qid=1342441170&sr=1-1-catcorr

The book is about a group of children who are being sought after by dragons. The prologue tells of two dragons confronting each other over a newborn baby. You can read the prologue and the first three chapters here:

http://www.goodreads.com/reader/9392-familiar-origins?percent=0.17339

Click here to check out the Draca Wards website: www.dracawards.com

This would make a great gift, too.

Happy reading!

B.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts