Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this is a dup. I did a search to see and got 4 pages containing exc ellen t. Anyhow, Ellen just did an audience giveaway of a Sony reader. Of course, she didn't spend the whole show hyping it....

·
Registered
4,900 Posts
Tsk tsk.  Second best. :eek:

·
Registered
509 Posts
Stuff that's given away on TV talk shows is paid product placement. It could have been a George Forman grill or a bottle of olive oil as far as the hosts are concerned.

·
Super Moderator
67,316 Posts
I find Ellen's show much more enjoyable on a regular basis than Oprah. But she's not the reader Oprah is. . . .Sony probably volunteered to give their Readers away for some publicity. One of her books is Kindlized. . . .

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
I'm a Kindle fan, that's with a K not an O or an E

·
Registered
4,900 Posts
I certainly still like Ellen . . . but have you watched Bonnie Hunt?  I watch Bonnie beginning to end.  I FF through some of Ellen now.  Oprah -- I watch depending on the show subject.  Oprah herself, well  ::).

·
Registered
89 Posts
I love Oprah and Ellen.  ;)  I don't always watch them though. With the popularity boost O got for Kindle, Sony went to the second biggest show (I think Ellen is the 2nd ) to get some publicity too.  Hopefully it will cause publishers to crank out those ebooks! Not like I need anymore right now...*turns her empty pockets out*

·
Registered
509 Posts
I watch Jerry Springer. I'm uplifted by the little homilies that he gives at the end of every production. That and the women tearing off thier clothes.

·
Super Moderator
67,316 Posts
Oprah: pretty much never watch
Ellen: TiVo everyday, watch mostly, though often have no interest in the musical guests and fast forward through that part. I enjoy many of her goofy games.
Bonnie: Am trying to like it, but she's not yet got the cache to get the A list guests and it sometimes falls a little flat, I think. She's giving stuff away this month too so we'll see which reader she picks ;)
Rosie: I enjoyed that show until she jumped the shark by basically abusing Tom Selleck because he did an add for the NRA. Never watched it or her again.
the View: Gag me with an entire tea service. I like Whoopi, but can't stand to listen to the others whine so, sorry, Whoopi, I'll skip it.
Regis and Kelly: tries too hard to be too cute. Can't say whether it's worse when they succeed or when they fail.
Dr. Phil: Sometimes interesting, but the longer it's on the less likelihood of anything really different so I usually end up watching the opening set up and the last 10 minutes where he tells them to get real.
Judge Judy/Joe Brown/ etc. My husband LOVES them. . . .I just can't believe people are that clueless. . . .

Who? Me? No, no strong opinions. . . . .

:) Ann

·
Registered
509 Posts
I can't believe that many people think that the TV judges are actually presiding over courts of competent jurisdictioin. I gotta admit, though, that when I want to feel superior to someone, I turn on that yahoo who carries a ball bat and 'sentences' the participants to mud wrestle or throw eggs....

·
Super Moderator
67,316 Posts
Ellen Degeneres.  Stand up comic turned sitcom player turned talk show host.  Funny lady who's comedy is generally rated G or at worst PG 13.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I watch tv a lot.   I saw the Popes funeral, and I saw Oprah once this year on that fateful $50 dollar day.  Looking forward to 2009 and the inaugaration of the new president.  What's his name again?

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Ann Von Hagel said:
Ellen Degeneres. Stand up comic turned sitcom player turned talk show host. Funny lady who's comedy is generally rated G or at worst PG 13.
Married her beloved, Portia De Rossi back in August. Portia is changing her last name to De Generes. Now their marriage is in limbo because of Proposition 8.

L

1 - 20 of 47 Posts