Kindle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need an elliptical!  My body can't handle our treadmill anymore - it' very hard on my hip joints and knees.  What kind of ellitical do you have/have you used and do you like it?

Any tips on purchasing one?  We're on a budget, so the less expensive, the better.  But I don't want a worthless one either. :(

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I can't help you on the brand to get, you really need to test them before you buy them because my gym has 4 different kinds and each one has a different stride to it, and I have a favorite and won't get on the other 3.

I love the ellipitical the best out of all the cardio machines. They also have used equipment stores...

I will be watching this thread to see what others post.

Sailor

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
I like you can not run. I have an elliptical fondly called the iron maiden by my husband. It sits in our living room. I exercise to series from netflix. these 45 minute segments are a perfect morning fit. I have a Precor efx 5.33 but if you have the opportunity try them out. different strides fit different machines and I have not had the opportunity to try different ones.
Sylvia

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have a Nordictrack Space saver. It is a bit pricey, but it folds in half and I am pressed for space, so it was right for me. Has a fan and speakers for your ipod. Also 3 adjustable strides to work different sets of muscles and can use iFit memory cards. Nothing more fun that hearing Jillian Michaels urging you to go on when you feel you are going to die. The same company also makes a cheaper version under the Proform brand name.

·
Registered
33 Posts
We have the Life Fitness model x3....it's pricey, but it is very sturdy and doesn't seem flimsy like many of the models found at local discount stores or even some of the sporting good stores.

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
I don't think you can go wrong with PreCor...we have one, and it makes for a very sturdy clothes rack.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts