KBoards.com banner

221 - 240 of 1341 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Carolyn, your pictures are gorgeous!  You have definitely done alot of traveling and captured some beautiful moments!

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
stacydan said:
Carolyn, your pictures are gorgeous! You have definitely done alot of traveling and captured some beautiful moments!
You are so kind! I'm delighted you liked them. :) They do indeed embody a lot of lovely memories, and I can never decide which one I like best. I've got a ton of digital pictures, and hope to put the good ones on Picasa eventually.

·
Registered
945 Posts
archer said:
Hey, guys...I found some more old editions of EH AND FH while doing inventory the other day (tax time, you know...).
Should I give them away again, do you think?
Most of you already have at least the first one, but there's always gifts for other people...

(And I still have to make up some t-shirts.)
Hey Archer! Didn't look like anybody has replied to this (or I'm just blind and missed it)... I think folks love the giveaway contests. Also it generates a lot of interest in your books. Just my 2 cents!

Also can I mention that I went out and got an iPad today!? I'm so excited and love the thing so much already! Using it right now to post... ;D

·
Registered
7,152 Posts
archer said:
Hey, guys...I found some more old editions of EH AND FH while doing inventory the other day (tax time, you know...).
Most of you already have at least the first one, but there's always gifts for other people...

EKing said:
Hey Archer! Didn't look like anybody has replied to this (or I'm just blind and missed it)... I think folks love the giveaway contests. Also it generates a lot of interest in your books. Just my 2 cents!

Also can I mention that I went out and got an iPad today!? I'm so excited and love the thing so much already! Using it right now to post... ;D
I don't know if it was a problem with KB or that I accidentally viewed posts when not logged in but I stopped getting e-mail updates. I have since reopened each of my favorite threads and the updates have returned. A giveaway would be fun.

·
Registered
7,152 Posts
archer said:
What are e-mail updates?
On your Profile for KindleBoards, under Modify Profile on the left there is a choice for Notifications and Email. After selecting that there are checkboxes by the following:

Receive forum announcements and important notifications by email.
Receive reply notification only for the first unread reply.
Turn notification on when you post or reply to a topic.
When sending notification of a reply to a topic, send the post in the email (but please don't reply to these emails.)

I have the first three checked. That way when I reply to a topic, I will get a notification of new posts without getting a notification for every post. If the first is checked, then you can also manually set/unset notification by selecting the Notify button at the top/bottom of each topic page.

EDIT: If I uncheck the second one then I would get an e-mail notification for every post on the threads where I get notifications. If I did that then I would probably check the fourth one as well so that I could see the post without checking the board.

(EDIT: Now to eat asparagus picked in the last couple hours!)

·
Registered
923 Posts
archer said:
Winter, that's great! The nice thing about these klubs is that you can jump in any time, go at your own pace, and I, at any rate, will still find all your posts. I'm new at this thing, too. We'll enjoy it together, I hope.

Happy Easter to you! It's a fine, fine day here--sunny and breezy and in the 70's. Spring has sprung!
Halfway through the book now, soon moving on to Elfhunter :)

·
Registered
297 Posts
Thanks so much for that explanation Annalog, that helps alot!  I was unaware of this feature, I thought the Notify button was to notify the moderator about a problem!

·
Registered
297 Posts
archer said:

Wow, don't know how I missed THIS post either! Oh yeah, giveaways are always fun! and I already know a few people who would love to read them and don't have kindles. I did buy all three paperbacks for my kids (really nice covers and size!) and Jake, my oldest son is currently reading the first one ... he musta really been into it because he didn't even want the computer last nite! and normally I hardly get any computer time because he is on it. But that worked out good for Luke, my 15-yr old, who also hardly ever gets to do anything on it! lol!

What t-shirts? :)

·
Registered
7,152 Posts
stacydan said:
Thanks so much for that explanation Annalog, that helps alot! I was unaware of this feature, I thought the Notify button was to notify the moderator about a problem!
Report to moderator on the lower right of each post is for notifying the moderators about problem posts. I suspect if you wanted to notify the moderators about a problem thread then you would use the Report to moderator link on the initial post in the thread.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #233
Yep, t-shirts!  Already have the books...  ;D

·
Registered
923 Posts
If you do a giveaway and I win again (oh no, not Norway again :p ), I'm thinking I would like to give that copy (of Elfhunter) to the local library. How cool would that be! Then many more people can read and love Elfhunter :D I don't have the money to buy them now  :-\  Anyway I hope if the Elves are in a giving mood again, that the books will reach new people who can love and enjoy them :D

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Winter9 said:
I'm thinking I would like to give that copy (of Elfhunter) to the local library. How cool would that be! Then many more people can read and love Elfhunter :D I don't have the money to buy them now :-\ Anyway I hope if the Elves are in a giving mood again, that the books will reach new people who can love and enjoy them :D
Winter, my dear friend, that is always the objective!
:)

·
Registered
923 Posts
Yes  ;D Iam enjoying Elfhunter very much, looking forward to getting some more reading done in the evening!

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Stacy: The t-shirts are wonderful (if I may say it). They are full-color book covers on black (usually) t-shirts--heavy, 100% cotton ones.
I've had people stop me on the street and ask where I got mine.

I can do any of the book covers (including new OUTCASTE cover art) but I prefer Elfhunter. It just looks so outstanding on black!

I have to make them up myself, as they are iron-ons. They hold up pretty well, though they eventually deteriorate with many washings. I have decorated t-shirts, jackets, sweatshirts, etc.--my handbags all have EH cover on them--even my carry-on for traveling has a huge one on it! It's all about branding and name recognition. Last year at BEA in New York, I had several folks come to my book-signing and swear they were familiar with EH already. I reckon that's because of familiarity with the image--they had seen it before.

Believe it or not, that strategy works!

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
Is there a Klub for each book? I'm currently reading Fire-Heart. In the other thread I asked if Gaelen and Orogond ever got friendly, and they finally did not long after the horse-breaking scene. In a tasteful, PG, way of course.

The more recent books are prequels? I hope you did better at that than George Lucas.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
RReed: No, I haven't written any prequels. I know what you mean about Mr. Lucas, though.
(shiver!)
I don't recall your question about G and O, but I'm glad you got an answer!  :D
There will be a Fire-heart and a Ravenshade Klub one of these days, as soon as Betsy sets them up.

·
Registered
146 Posts
This is one of the best books that I have read in a very long time.  I am so looking forward to the next book in this series

221 - 240 of 1341 Posts