Kindle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used the email feature successfully?  I tried, kept getting errors, and am not sure it is worth much more time.  What a great feature if they can make it work.  Meanwhile would be interested to hear if any users have had better luck than I have.

Thanks,
Molly

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Do you mean emailing documents to the Kindle?

Or using Yahoo or gMail for your personal mail?

I have done both...

·
Registered
509 Posts
Comcast, my ISP, has a web-based email function that's geared to mobile devices. If I log into that email application rather than the standard web email, I can both send and receive via my Kindle. If I use the non-mobile page, it simply hangs up and won't respond. Check if your ISP has a web-based email that's optimized for wireless.

·
Registered
731 Posts
mollymc said:
Has anyone used the email feature successfully? I tried, kept getting errors, and am not sure it is worth much more time. What a great feature if they can make it work. Meanwhile would be interested to hear if any users have had better luck than I have.

Thanks,
Molly
If you mean emailing to your K, Amazon says the system has been down for maintenance the last two days.

·
Super Moderator
67,250 Posts
teninx, I'm on comcast too. . .do you know what the web address is for the mobile version of comcast mail?

thanks

Ann

·
Super Moderator
67,250 Posts
Thanks to teninx and pidg.  Now, anyone have a Netsolutions e-mail address/domain and know if there's a mobile address for them? :)

Ann

·
Registered
125 Posts
ScottBooks said:
If you mean emailing to your K, Amazon says the system has been down for maintenance the last two days.
I wonder how long it will be down...

I email my sermon notes to my Kindle each week and use it to preach from, and the email wasn't going through when I tried to send it tonight. I have gotten so spoiled using my Kindle on Sunday mornings...I'll hate it if I have to go back to paper notes tomorrow!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts